Frozen Banana Soft Serve?

Options
I apologize if this has been posted before, but this has been my go-to dessert choice as of late.

Ingredients:

1 banana ;)

Slice the banana thinly on a plate, freeze for 2 hours. Pour into a food processor or blender and just blend, until it reaches the consistency of frozen yogurt. You can add a tbsp of soy/almond/regular milk to thin it out, or vanilla for flavouring. I've even added cocoa powder for a dash of flavour and antioxidants, or almond butter for protein.

Enjoy, and please let me know how it turns out!

Replies

• rocknrolla2009
    rocknrolla2009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am SO trying this tonight when my 9 pm cravings kick in. Thanks Allie! :)
  • Allieballie
    Allieballie Posts: 102
    Options
    yay! The consistency is just like soft serve ice cream, and it really doesn't taste very much like banana :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'd heard about this before and keep meaning to try it! Only problem is, no bananas lol :blushing:
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    fixing to slice mine up now! I have a few that are too ripe for my liking (green on the ends) so this is a perfect way to use them and not waste them!! Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    YUM!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great summer treat. I'm going to do this instead of ice cream or Popsicle for the kids. Thanks for sharing.
  • CFaye
    CFaye Posts: 59
    Options
    thats so funny that i just made this about half hour ago!! It is great!! Thanks for re posting for those who haven't tried it!
  • Allieballie
    Allieballie Posts: 102
    Options
    It seriously is my new summer treat :) I used to make it when I was vegan and was craving frozen yogurt :)