Would you play in a coed game of tackle football?

no pads, just a pickup tackle game

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    What would Borat do?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    edited May 2015
    Spin off this right?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32021119#Comment_32021119

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    I wouldn't. a) I don't want to get hurt! b) I don't think it's fair to the guys: most guys don't want to hurt a girl, so they'll either go easy on her or they'll be "bullies." Also, I'm not comfortable with a lot of contact with any man other than my husband. But I know not everyone would share those feelings with me.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Oh my gosh! I was just talking about how fun it would be to play tackle football and that I doubt there are any tackle football female teams!

I would. I'm sure that if I got tackled though... I'd probably wimp out and quit!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,940 Member
    Hundred pound girls going for my knees... some of the female lifters at my gym who can lift more than a lot of guys going for my throat... I'd play, but I want to do the tackling, not be tackled!
  • rupertspenser
    rupertspenser Posts: 567 Member
    haha yeah i'm in... sounds fun... the question is do you girls think you can win? ;)
  • RosieRose7673
    haha yeah i'm in... sounds fun... the question is do you girls think you can win? ;)

Yes. We would definitely win!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Only if I can wear a cup!!
  • rupertspenser
    haha love the confidence rosie... how big are you... i think we have a size advantage ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Spin off this right?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32021119#Comment_32021119

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I thought this was the same poster as soon as I saw the avi.

Nope. I have no desire to play football of any kind. The only team sport I enjoy is softball.
  • RosieRose7673
    There may be a size advantage! I'm 5'5 and 125 but I can pack a punch!! :smiley:
  • rupertspenser
    haha i bet you can... i'm 6'4 and 191 ;)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Sure. Pickup without pads means you're not crushing people out like you're back in high school. It's mostly dragging people down.
  • trusty48
    trusty48 Posts: 75 Member
    Umm...no, that's a little more contact than I would be comfortable with in a coed game. Flag football might be okay though.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    I couldn't do that. I dont care how big the girl is or how tough she thinks she is I couldn't house a girl on the field. Unless she's a nickelback fan. Then it's game on
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Sure but I don't think I could bring myself to tackle girls the same way I'd tackle guys. Maybe just ankle tackles or picking them up and setting them on the ground :/
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Probably not or if so, it would not be in a real competitive way.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Spin off this right?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

My thoughts exactly. Guess she hasn’t been properly groped lately. ;-)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    DavPul wrote: »
    Sure. Pickup without pads means you're not crushing people out like you're back in high school. It's mostly dragging people down.

*Farmer walks opponent to a safety* OP I don't think one guy will say they are going to play tackle football 100% hitting with women as oppose to 105% of hitting a guy you hate on the field.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Used to do it all the time. I wasn't strong enough for a tackle, but I can throw half decent and I'm quick.

I think some people forget the game isn't all about jumping on one another. The tactician in me loves the strategy of it.

Played with mostly guys. Never had an issue with being treated like a flower or being roughed up unless I was playing with my brother and his friends; he was always throwing out threats for touching me. Lol