What makes you stick to your calories?

Options
What is it that helps you on a day to day basis not to go over your calories?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the fact i dont want to be fat

and exercise. cause i love to eat ;)
  • adamjackson213
    adamjackson213 Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Being very weary of what I eat. Record everything and I mean EVERYTHING that you eat.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    1. Wanting to lose weight
    2. Pre-logging my whole day
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Changed food's role in my life. I am now eating to live instead of living to eat. BIG difference!!! and when you understand it, many, many things become clear :neutral:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I don't want to gain weight and get fat again.
  • nxiety
    nxiety Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Habit at this point.

At first pre-logging helped immensely. Planning out your day food wise makes it more obvious that eating is a requirement for living and not something to necessarily be done for enjoyment or even boredom. That changed my mindset about it tremendously.
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    A recent 4.5 day stay on the cardiac floor of my local hospital. It certainly was an eye-opener. I need to lose about 40 lbs to be a healthy BMI.
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    For me, it's living a healthy lifestyle so I'll live longer and be happier. I'm not "fat" but have about five more lbs I want to lose. When I lose those five lbs and go into maintenance, I'll still log calories, because the worst thing would be to gain it all back!!!

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    think about wearing my clothes that are all fitted and no stretchy waist, be out of them in a heart beat 10-15 lbs would do it
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Habit
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be fat any more. So I'm working it. Lol
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Really thinking before I eat- and I pre-log and exercise too!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Habit, determination to get to my target weight, the belief I am not thin enough. However I'm being quite ironic because right now I'm binging. So tomorrow I will get back on track.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Changed food's role in my life. I am now eating to live instead of living to eat. BIG difference!!! and when you understand it, many, many things become clear :neutral:

Exactly!!!
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Call me weird, but I get a strange satisfaction out of closing my diary and staying just under my calorie goal. I also find it fun to get creative about what I want to eat and making it fit. I don't see it as an inconvenience or hassle at all. I know that sticking to my goals will get me the body I feel confident in for swim suit season!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

Eating lots of veggies and fiber and protein. I feel completely satisfied!
    Having treats after a meal like dark chocolate or tea w/stevia satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Fear.
    Fear of slipping back into an unhealthy lifestyle.
    Fear of having to take more meds.
    Fear of grossing myself out with uncontrolled eating.
    Fear I'll gain weight again and won't enjoy my old age.

So happy I've made the change with the help of MFP.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I want the weight gone a lot more than I want the extra calories. Being a healthy weight > a bag of doritos.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    1.broccoli
    2.exercise
    3.never ever want to be obese again.
  • junestarrr
    junestarrr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel great when I log ALL my calories for the day and it tells me how much I'll weigh in 5 weeks. Really puts things into perspective for me. :)