Weighing less in the evening than the morning?!

Options
Hi everyone

Really weird thing happened to me today that I've never had happen before. I weigh in once a week and this morning was 227. I lve had quite a carby day whilst staying in my calories (porridge, bread, pasta) and just out of curiosity I weighed myself just now and am 222....! (checked four times). How is that possible?!

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It could be anything.... but my guess would be that you need some hydrating or the scale needs a battery change. I find when the battery is dying, it jumps up and down dramatically. Even stepping on the scale multiple times in minutes.

• David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. The scales are only two weeks old so I hope it's not that(!) and I drink water all day non stop... so weird!
  • Valtishia
    Options
    No idea then. Those are my only thoughts... but maybe someone else will have a better guess. Hope you figure it out.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Magic. Or aliens!

It's always the aliens lol.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    For a woman, that would be a huge gain, for a bloke, I guess it is because you have worked it off or emptied your bladder recently.....
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You pooped. And you didn't drink your water today!
  • Valtishia
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    Magic. Or aliens!

Yeah! They are pretty bad *kitten*!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    No other reason than aliens . . .
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    No other reason than aliens . . .

Didn't help Cartman lose weight though so maybe I'm wrong. Hmm....
  • David_2015
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    Magic. Or aliens!

Hahahhahahaha!
  • aubiefan122013
    aubiefan122013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh less when I get home from work in the evening than in the morning (first out of bed). I think it's because I work out in the afternoon and lose some water then, and also maybe some retention of salt from dinner (and eating dinner stimulates me to rehydrate). My dinners can be a bit bulky with water weight from big veggie stews.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Usually if that happens to me I weigh even less the following morning ;). I guess sometimes your body just decides to do its 'whoosh' thing during the day.
  • David_2015
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. Back to what I thought I would be this morning so all good.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I a usually at my lowest weight at 4:00 in the afternoon, when I get hoe from work. This for me is most likely because I sweat a lot at my job so I loose a couple of pounds of water.