Anyone with Hashimoto out there?

Options
How are you loosing weight? Cause mine is a VERY slow process....

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Yes. There are lots of us. What medications are on? Lab numbers?

If you're on the correct dose of medications, then your weight loss shouldn't be any slower than someone else without Hashimotos
  • LYL353
    LYL353 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I Google- diagnosed myself with it...If that helps. I am going to dr this week so he can hopefully tell me I'm wrong.

( wanted to comment to help follow the thread)

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    LYL353 wrote: »
    I Google- diagnosed myself with it...If that helps. I am going to dr this week so he can hopefully tell me I'm wrong.

( wanted to comment to help follow the thread)

Unless you have high TPO antibodies then you can't diagnose yourself with it. Did you get a serum test done or are you just guessing based on symptoms?
  • LYL353
    LYL353 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I said google-diagnosis (LMAO) so unless Google has an "Upload serum option." ha ha ha.

I just have a lot of the symptoms. I hope it is just coincidence and I do NOT have to take medicines every day. I guess I'll see in about 6 days.
  • mwallace04
    mwallace04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just curious but how long did it take to get your levels correct anyone? I'm going on a year next month (also a new blood test next month) my levels were slowly going down then shot back up all of a sudden. It's been extremely frustrating because all I want to lose is this last 20 pounds. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that next month I'm either at the level my Dr wants me at our at least closer.
  • rocknroll667
    rocknroll667 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mwallace04 - my doctor recently upped my dose and had me come back 3 months later to ensure it was alright. It was.

R u having symptoms? Crossing my fingers this is the right dose for you so you can move on with it, take ur daily pill and count calories. (Once you are on the correct dose, you lose weight like any average person.)
  • mwallace04
    mwallace04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rocknroll667 thanks so much! My symptoms have gone away but he is trying to get me at that perfect number. But thank you again you definitely made me feel better about going back next month!