Keeping my weight without losing any more when running

Options
i run about 25 miles a week and mountain bike bout 15 miles weekly, done few half marathon and 10 k races, I am losing lot of weight how can I keep at 14.4 lbs ?? Lost 1st 7 lbs within 7 months

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You have to figure out what your maintenance calories are and eat back your exercise calories. It's all an estimate and takes some trial and error.
  • aubiefan122013
    aubiefan122013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Running can (counterintuitively) inhibit your appetite, so make sure you're scheduling "food checkpoints" during the day, to stop and make sure you eat at least something, and preferably a predetermined something that will help you recover and fuel up for your next run.
  • nbegum_2003
    nbegum_2003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Hale, firstly I would like to say that your fitness level is fantastic. There isn't many everyday people that have the ability to do level of exercise you do. With regards to weight loss concern, my best advice to you would be to ensure that you have the right 'healthy' diet whereby you are eating 'enough' calories to maintain a steady weight based on the level of exercise you perform each week. I would also strongly suggest that you also carry out strengthening exercises (weights) in order to maintain/ gain reasonable muscle mass as muscle clearly weighs more than fat. As you undertake a high level of aerobic/ anaerobic exercises, it is important that you're eating right and enough and ensuring that you're also maintain muscle mass in order to avoid any heavy weight loss. Hope that helps.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
    About 350cals a day more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    hale493 wrote: »
    i run about 25 miles a week and mountain bike bout 15 miles weekly, done few half marathon and 10 k races, I am losing lot of weight how can I keep at 14.4 lbs ?? Lost 1st 7 lbs within 7 months

Eat more
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Running can (counterintuitively) inhibit your appetite

That has NEVER happened to me...
  • aubiefan122013
    aubiefan122013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I definitely get at least short- mid-term appetite inhibition from running, especially if it's hot and humid. I guess there's a lot of variation between people.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I definitely get at least short- mid-term appetite inhibition from running, especially if it's hot and humid. I guess there's a lot of variation between people.

Yes, me too. All sorts of sports does seem to have that effect on me.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Eat more or eat calorie dense foods. When I was in marathon training i was eating ice cream with trail mix dumped on it almost nightly to put the brakes on my weight loss.