Running Alternative

Options
domidatt
domidatt Posts: 28 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So today, i decided not to go on the treadmill for 30 mins and do some ab exercise that i found online. Now my question is, will i still burn fat instead of going on the treadmill? Also, what are some alternative treadmill workouts you all do? Thank You !

Replies

• TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I walk... Play with incline - I up the incline by 1 at set intervals, until I get to the max, then walk at highest incline for as long as possible, then make my way back down at intervals. Then, if wanting to go longer, do it again, or increase a bit and up speed. I love running, but don't want to overdo it on my joints and feet at my current weight...

But, mix it up - do videos, too! Mixing it up helps prevent injuries & boredom...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. You will maximize fat loss by maintaining lean muscle. Eating enough protein and lifting/strength workouts would be one way to do that.

Alternatives to treadmill would be any other cardio: elliptical, bike, stair-master, walk or run outside, aerobics, swim, etc.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Mixing it up is great. Sometimes I do sprints outside or on the treadmill (HIT or HIIT), or ellipitcal, bicycle, step mill, crossramp, incline on the treadmill, or a kickboxing class.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I do the same as TiffanyR71, or I just do a hill interval program. What I've been doing lately is the random hill plus workout and the mountain climbing workout where the incline increases from 9- 15% and then reverses. For my weight, walking at 3 mph, the treadmill shows that I burn 800 calories in an hour doing the mountain workout... So cutting that in half, I probably actually burn about 400 calories which is still a good burn.

Walking at high inclines is a great workout. You should try it.