Accurate logging+ database questions (help needed)

bbontheb
bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
I am starting to weigh my food. Two weeks in I didn't care about it being accurate but more of an approximate calorie count for the day. I know the discrepancies in using measuring cups etc so I am curious how to make logging more efficient.
Searching for one listing that is accurate-is there a way to speed this up so that I can find something in grams, etc?
Where to confirm real nutritional values-is the counter on Self.com accurate?
My foods-should I input my own nutritional values from elsewhere on all the foods I eat so I know they are accurate for the most part?
I go between the app (android) and on the computer. My app doesn't seem to update (sync) to the computer well. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    The advice I have found is to look for the USDA/unstarred listings as those will be verified and accurate. However for a lot of things I am not able t find those so I first look for a listing that is the exact brand or the generic. Then I look to see if it allows for measuring in ounces and preferably grams. THEN I look to see how many members have confirmed the information as accurate. I try to find listings that have more than one confirmation.

It is really a pain in the rear sometimes to find the most accurate listing. But for things you eat often you will only have to do it once and the it will always show up on your foods lists.

I can't answer your other questions.