How often should I update my goal

Options
jaqcan
jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
I have lost 12 lbs, and I was just messing around with the different tabs in my profile, I came across the goals. It updated with my current weight (starting weight -12) and then adjusted my calories to my new lower weight. Which is great, but I'm wondering if MFP does this automatically, or if not, how often should I do this myself?
Sorry if this is answered somewhere else.

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    MFP does this every 10 lbs I believe, unless you get to the lower limit. For me, I haven't seen a reduction by MFP over the past 20 lbs because I'm at the lowest they recommend for a male.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    It never did it for me, so I just recalculate every week when I weigh in.
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was prompted to reevaluate my goals at -10lbs, I did it myself after that (at irregular intervals though) and was never prompted by mfp again (I lost 45lbs). Your BMR (how much you actually burn as a living being) changes as you drop weight. Your activity level may now be different than it was...which means your overall loss goal/weight goal and calorie goal may be different now. It's no problem to go in and tinker around a bit. Have you been needing more calories, are you close to your goal/ideal weight. So many factors :)
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It never did it for me, so I just recalculate every week when I weigh in.

I do the same and it works great for me.