trying not to lose hope

122keke
122keke Posts: 1 Member
Been working out 5 days a week and eating right, but my scale wont budge much. Just trying to keep faith that if i keep at it i will begin to see progress..

Replies

• Jesslosingweight
    Jesslosingweight Posts: 13 Member
    I started this week too, sometimes it takes a few weeks for the body to catch up! How much water are you drinking? Also sometimes salt can cause weight to stay put (I have been trying to keep my intake to under 2000 a day which is harder then it seems lol)! You should be proud of what you've done! Cant wait to see your transformation!
  • jcxc14
    jcxc14 Posts: 1 Member
    Are you maybe restricting your calories too much?
  • GinetteMac
    GinetteMac Posts: 171 Member
    Maybe you haven't lost any weight because you are building muscles and that can keep the scale at the same place? I just started a few days ago so looking for friends to motivate me!
  • tonadayuu
    tonadayuu Posts: 58 Member
    Take measurements. Sometimes weight doesn't change or even go up while your body is getting smaller. It could be that you're gaining muscles.
  • rednightowlz
    rednightowlz Posts: 4 Member
    Y
    jcxc14 wrote: »
    Are you maybe restricting your calories too much?
    Measurements
  • rednightowlz
    rednightowlz Posts: 4 Member
    Woops my phone wigged out. Any who. Measurements say more. Ive always been bulky, and make muscle as I burn fat. Also, your food could be the culprit. Processed foods can be labeled as healthy and be really bad for you. Avoid added sugars if possible. I don't always work out, but this year alone since it started ive lost 16 lbs as of 2 weeks ago. I sneak some junk here and there but don't eat it daily, avoid high fructose corn syrup, in fact all added sugar is bad. With the exception of fruits. :) let me know if you'd like some important information on food or other stuff.

• csmithson84
    csmithson84 Posts: 6 Member
    Please don't lose hope! I always try and get people to look at the bigger picture....which I know isn't always easy! Look at the wonderful lifestyle choices you're making. Your working out 5x a week which is great and you're eating well. That's a great start! The scale doesn't always show us the whole picture....The best advice I can give you is stick to what you're doing and be consistent and I promise you will see results! If you want to talk through things in a bit more detail or want help to see if there is anything that be slowing your progress drop me a message!