Can someone help me?

I'm trying to lose some weight and I would appreciate it if someone can give me advice on how to lose weight safely. Thanks - Frankie

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Hi Frankie

Looking at your profile you don't have much to lose, so aim for 1 lb per week. When you signed up for the site you would have put your stats in, along with how much you want to lose, and how much each week. If you put more than 1lb go back and change that (under 'goals' on your homepage).

Get yourself a set of electronic kitchen scales, weigh everything you eat (measure liquids), and log it all in the diary. With the database, look for entries that don't have an asterisk, these are generally USDA values rather than ones entered by members, and thus less prone to error.

While you're starting out, don't worry too much about hitting your macros (carbs, fat and protein), you can hone things as you develop a greater awareness of what the values are in different foods. If you're up for it, a good idea can be to just continue eating what you normally do for a week or two, but logging it. Then you can see where you might like to make changes - reduce serving sizes, decide some things aren't worth the calories and leave them out or just have them occasionally.

At the end of the day, weight loss is about eating fewer calories than you burn (CICO - calories in vs calories out), everything else flows from there.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Hi Frankie

Looking at your profile you don't have much to lose, so aim for 1 lb per week. When you signed up for the site you would have put your stats in, along with how much you want to lose, and how much each week. If you put more than 1lb go back and change that (under 'goals' on your homepage).

Get yourself a set of electronic kitchen scales, weigh everything you eat (measure liquids), and log it all in the diary. With the database, look for entries that don't have an asterisk, these are generally USDA values rather than ones entered by members, and thus less prone to error.

While you're starting out, don't worry too much about hitting your macros (carbs, fat and protein), you can hone things as you develop a greater awareness of what the values are in different foods. If you're up for it, a good idea can be to just continue eating what you normally do for a week or two, but logging it. Then you can see where you might like to make changes - reduce serving sizes, decide some things aren't worth the calories and leave them out or just have them occasionally.

At the end of the day, weight loss is about eating fewer calories than you burn (CICO - calories in vs calories out), everything else flows from there.

What she said