stuck at the same weight. help! !

Hi.
Ive been stuck at the same weight for two weeks now, I can't seem to get past it. I stick to my 1200 every day and eat healthy, ive tired drinking more lemon water and ive tired changing up my meals.
Any advice would be great cos I really feel like jacking it in now, doesn't seem worth all the sacrifices of nice food if im not going to loose any more weight..

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Wow, two whole weeks???? Well, I can see why you're ready to give up, waiting such a long time to lose! ;)

Be patient. Weight loss is not linear; the scale doesn't always accurately reflect the hard work we're doing. Personally, I see tiny losses (.1, .2, etc.) or no loss for weeks and then one week will see a significant loss (significant to me being more than a pound).

Eat at a deficit and the weight will come off. Maybe not at the rate you want, but it it will come off.
  • vegasfairy
    vegasfairy Posts: 2 Member
    Ive been doing it a lot longer then 2 weekss and have seen losses (13ibs) but for the last 2 weeks ive stayed the same, its very frustrating and I don't know whereIim going wrong :/
  • StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Persevere ;)
  • booksandchocolate12
    vegasfairy wrote: »
    Ive been doing it a lot longer then 2 weekss and have seen losses (13ibs) but for the last 2 weeks ive stayed the same, its very frustrating and I don't know whereIim going wrong :/

Right. I understand. And I repeat, weight loss is not linear. You may not lose every single week, even when you're doing everything right.

Be patient and keep going!

• Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Are you doing any exercise? Are you weighing your food out?
    Wait a bit longer and see if it changes if no change in another two weeks try slightly adjusting your calories. Maybe try 1300 or 1400?
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    I too have been stuck on the same weight for the last two weeks! The doctor says it is my medication.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    err just be patient and recheck your logging.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    it is normal for weight loss to stall now and then. sometimes it might even go up. it's normal just stick with it and it will go down
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    edited May 2015
    This was a good article and keeps me patient :wink:
    http://greatist.com/health/understanding-scale-bloat-and-weight-loss
  • claresims27
    claresims27 Posts: 3 Member
    I stayed the same for 9 weeks I was sticking to everything I lost 4 pound last week and stayed the same this week I have lost 65lb so far and have over 100 lb to lose it can be frustrating but I won't give up x
  • Cali_125
    Cali_125 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2015
    That's helpful to hear, claresims27. Thanks for commenting as I, too, was frustrated after two weeks of no progress.
  • booksandchocolate12
    People are so impatient.

You didn't gain all your weight overnight, and you won't lose it overnight.

We all want to get to our goal, but frustration after only two weeks? Come on.
  • semcadam
    semcadam Posts: 19 Member
    Are you exercising a lot? . My weight loss has stalled out as well, but I find that I'm still losing inches, and gaining muscle.
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    I "stall" for like 1-2 weeks every month thanks to my menstrual cycle, lol! The day I get my period I get a big drop in the scale though, me likey. :D
    Anyway, be patient, as has been mentioned: weight loss isn't linear.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    it is normal for weight loss to stall now and then. sometimes it might even go up. it's normal just stick with it and it will go down
    Right! Here's how I look at it: The main reason is to regain my health and a healthy weight is only part of the equation. And I never want to have to do this again. Been there, done that, three times already. I wanted to teach myself a healthy, improved lifestyle and I wanted it to stick this time. No going back! So... in 2012 I lost 40 pounds. In 2013 I stalled 10 pounds from goal weight for the entire year. In 2014 I lost 1 pound the entire year. And this year I am 5 pounds from goal weight and it's going slowly, but in the process I learned to cook healhty, eat healthy, get more exercise into my day, and most importantly, I kept all that weight off. Finally I feel like I've found what works best for me and I never have to be fat again. Just keep at it.