Obesity is killing me

hey all I'm Rachel, trying this thing out here. Currently I weigh 330lbs last time I got weighed and that scares the hell outta me! So in order to be healthy, and live longer I've decided to take my life back. I've seen a nutritionist, my pcp and a counselor to help monitor my weight loss and ensure my health is on track in a safe way. I'd be more than willing to "meet" new friends who are on a similar journey as I am. Let me also say to you all who may read this, keep going it's so worth it and you're doing it right just by trying!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Hi my name is also Rachel. It's great that you've decided to start a healthy lifestyle. I did it and am so happy that I did! I now weigh @135 lbs . Just please remember that the healthy way is always the best, there is no need to starve :-) best of luck to you! :-)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Yep if its killing or will kill you, that should be all the motivation you need to do seomthing about it and stop eating more than your body needs. Weight loss is straightforward, just get it in your mind that it will take a long time, so prepare yourself for a long journey. Look at the success secion for people who did it and imagine yourself posting in there one day.
  • craighd7
    craighd7 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there. I'm Craig.

Don't let those numbers scare the hell out of you. Use them as a countdown to the life you want. Starting at 330, then 329, then 328.

I'm also trying to get my life back, but more for me than anyone else. If you fancy being friends, then feel free to add me :-) The more support for everyone, the better :-)