Turn off that nagging Day Streak thing?

Options
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to turn off that nagging, idiotic flashing at the top right corner of the log in screen of MFP that shows how many days you've logged in consecutively? It is childish and I need not this motivation. brendan

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    The only one you can change is from your newsfeed, which will update every 5 days. For that, go to Settings > News Feed Settings > Uncheck "I have logged in for several days in a row "

Unless you mean the large number in the corner by your calorie summary on the opening page. In which case, no you cannot take that off. IMO, it's not childish, and I'm not sure why you would think like that? It's more of a badge than anything else... a work of accomplishment even.

But anyway, good luck.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Why don't you like it? I like it, keeps me motivated lol. And don't think u can turn it off. That should motivate you the number of days you log in. It's brilliant I think.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Why don't you like it? I like it, keeps me motivated lol. And don't think u can turn it off. That should motivate you the number of days you log in. It's brilliant I think.

Me too! I don't think it's childish at all. It's a great way for me to see how many days I've logged and "been at it" so to speak. Combined with looking at my progress stats, it is a great motivator for me to see how far I've come.
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can understand why one might think it's not motivating, but really puzzled on how it's childish...?
  • jrami24
    jrami24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    because he is such a bad *kitten* he doesn't need ANY kid of motivation whatsoever.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to turn off that nagging, idiotic flashing at the top right corner of the log in screen of MFP that shows how many days you've logged in consecutively? It is childish and I need not this motivation. brendan

You could just ignore it. I don't even notice mine
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz. Irony.
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks for the replies, it would seem I can't turn it off. I do think it is infantile, because I know exactly how many days I've logged in for. I don't need a badge for it. I hate flashing things on my computer screen. Weez all different. Thanks again. brendan
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for just over 1000 days....while i dont find it childish or annoying....i also just never look at it or care what the number is. It really is a small thing in the bigger scheme of things. That number means nothing to me. Actually letting go of all the numbers on mfp have made me a much saner person after this long .
  • michaelsalmons
    michaelsalmons Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's childish, but if you skip logging for perfectly legitimate personal reasons, I find the value change to "0 day streak" DE-motivational, personally.