Uses for Torani sugar-free syrup

Options
DataSeven
DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
I'm hooked on the caramel and vanilla sugar free syrups in my coffee, does anyone have any other suggestions for how to use this product?

I can only find vanilla and caramel syrups in my local grocery store, but I know they have dozens of flavours, but I would have to order online.

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    You can use them in most baking or dessert recipes that call for vanilla or other extracts. It's a little more liquid volume, but you can easily correct for it, and in a lot of cases you don't really need to. Over ice cream, in hot chocolate, or even just in milk (how my son steals a lot of mine).
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Is there a Cash and Carry in your area? Hundreds of flavors. Oranges, vanilla protein powder, water, ice, orange sugar free syrup, blend. tastes like sherbert
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Does it taste overly artificial? (The thing that bugs me the most about a lot of sugar free things tends to be the after taste of whatever artificial sweetener they used instead.) I have hesitated to buy them for fear that it would just taste terrible.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    Does it taste overly artificial? (The thing that bugs me the most about a lot of sugar free things tends to be the after taste of whatever artificial sweetener they used instead.) I have hesitated to buy them for fear that it would just taste terrible.

Nobody can really answer that for anyone else. Some people can't stand splenda and love nutrisweet, others think nutrisweet tastes like death and prefer stevia.
  • nici94
    nici94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To me it does taste really full of chemicals. I couldnt even finish my cup of coffee I put it in.
  • fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Which grocery aisle do you find these in? I've been wanting to try but not sure where to look!
  • JPW1990
    Options
    fairy2b wrote: »
    Which grocery aisle do you find these in? I've been wanting to try but not sure where to look!

Usually by the coffee, but one store by me has it by the baking stuff.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    They are fantastic in coffee as well as flavoring plain oatmeal.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Amazon has all the flavors. You can get several different sampler packs or packs of 3 or 4 bottles of one flavor.

I just use them in coffee. Though I've heard others use them in soda.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not sure which stores are near your area - I buy them most frequently at Cost Plus World Market or Costco (or Davinci which is similar). Cost Plus has a ton of flavors and a good price.

I just use them in coffee mostly. The fruity ones are good in Italian Sodas - but those aren't so healthy. I also use the fruity flavors with my soda stream.