screw trying to have a happy period!

Options
bynsky
bynsky Posts: 15,837 Member
My hubby just found this post, and I had to share here since TOM is a popular subject. Thought you all would enjoy a period post that made you laugh instead of facepalm!

This is an "actual letter" from an Austin, Texas woman sent to Proctor and Gamble regarding one of their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first paragraph. This was PC Magazine's 2009 Editors' Choice award-winner for the best letter sent via e-mail.

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your 'Always' maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts.

But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.'

Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customer's monthly visits from 'Aunt Flo'. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women.

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... Which brings me to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: 'Have a Happy Period.'

Are you f

kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness, is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak, there will never be anything 'happy' about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like 'Put down the Hammer' or 'Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong'.

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bullsh!t. And that's a promise I will keep.

Always.....

Wxxx Axxxx
Austin , TX

Replies

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    lol just started mine today and that is so true but funny.
  • IronAddict86
    IronAddict86 Posts: 708
    Options
    WOW clicked on the wrong thread, errr
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Even when I had periods I wasn't that crazy. I think continually blowing it out of proportion does not help females in general.
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I found this funny but I'm not sure I appreciate the stereotyping- PMS used to be in the DSM pretty much because of the reinforcement of this "women are crazy on their periods" stereotype. Yeah, I can admit I'm *****y on my period, but no where near homicidal. Also I read a study in undergrad about how PMS symptoms actually change across different cultures- this insinuates that some of the PMS symptoms are a social construction. Sorry to be a buzz kill just wanted to weigh in! lol
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Having PCOS I welcomed them especially when they occurred on time because it meant I was hormonally normal, but I guess that was a stupid saying.
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    And so illustrates the real reason why men have garages....
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Options
    Please try to refrain from being disgusting and continuing to bring this topic up.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    This one always makes me laugh
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Awkward.

She makes a good point, though.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    This one always makes me laugh and I LOVE how some women say these feelings NEVER happen to them. Yeah, right and I'm a flying pig.....

not me it actually is a relief to me because usually before I'm very depressed and hormonal. the cramps yes are painful but i welcome it as it means my body is balanced and it's a natural cleansing
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Crazy ladies, giving non-crazy ladies a bad name since the dawn of time.

If you, as an adult, can't keep a handle on your emotions you need more than a flexi-wing.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    lol that is a super funny letter... i'm glad my wife is actually pretty chill during that time maybe like 1% of the time :P lol
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Is it really that hard to keep your emotions under control?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    avengersparty_zps6b232e8d.gif
  • gemflower
    gemflower Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha.....i thought it was funny
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Haha. I have to have this pop up on my news feed so... bump!

Very cute. Whether true or not.
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Amusing although maybe a little on the scary side if this is indeed a real letter....... :laugh:
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options

^^^ This is funny. Posted by Iron Addict, a man. LOLLLLL
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    No periods make a happy period! :drinker:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I think everyone that's getting all antsy needs a sense of humor. Stat.

I lol'd. :)

Though each time I get a period, I have a sigh of relief. 'Cuz lack of a baby = awesome times indeed.

I can't get a pic link to insert, but for your viewing pleasure:
    http://strawberry-pie.net/yamac/?p=262