i dobt understand

2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    While I agree that a calorie is a calorie, there are some foods that, effectively, increase you BMR because it takes more energy to digest them and pass them through your system.

Not really. The amount of calories needed to digest food does vary based on what you eat but that variance is too small to make an appreciable difference.

The thermic effect of food ranges from 5% for highly processed carbohydrates to 35% for some proteins. For a 2000 calorie diet, that is a difference of as much as 600 per day, depending on food choices. Realistically, we aren't going to eat everything at the 5% level or everything at the 35% level, if we pay no attention to the thermic effect, but even if the difference is only 15% for a person who is eating a lot of processed foods verse a person who is preparing their own meals, 300 calories is an "appreciable difference".

really and what food would that be...seriously I want the list.

Mainly because imo you are way over estimating that...and I want to check...cause I prepare my own foods 95% of the time and it didn't stop me from being fat in the first place...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    There are reasons why the most common reply to your posts are the scores of people telling OPs to not pay attention to you. Even your flawed example here depends on reductio ad abusurdum in the assumption that a person would eat just one macro while completely avoiding the other two, and the one chosen would be at the far end of the spectrum compared to the others ... the highest TEF imaginable compared to the lowest ever observed.

TEF accounts for around 10% of a person's daily calorie expenditure. The TEF variances in testing come out to single digits during testing.