Military Diet - Does it work?

Options
nd1111
nd1111 Posts: 41 Member
Has anyone tried it? Also, has anyone tried it with the vegetarian substitutions? What were your results?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    it is a fad diet and has absolutely nothing to do with the military diet...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Use the search function.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    It would work for me by being absolutely repulsive.

Seriously? It's a fad diet. Don't do a fad diet. Just create a reasonable calorie deficit and stick to it.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    *Any* and *every* diet absolutely does work, as long as it includes a Caloric Deficit.

On the flipside ... you don't need any of that crap. A proper Caloric Deficit is sufficient.
  • nd1111
    nd1111 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have never done a fad diet before. The only reason I was considering doing this was because I get to eat from all the food groups and it is only 3 days long. It sounds too good to be true but I'd figure I'd see first if anyone else tried it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    nd1111 wrote: »
    I have never done a fad diet before. The only reason I was considering doing this was because I get to eat from all the food groups and it is only 3 days long. It sounds too good to be true but I'd figure I'd see first if anyone else tried it.

if it sounds to good too be true then it 99.9% of the time it is…

three day diets are idiotic, because it takes A LOT longer than that to lose any appreciable fat….

all you are doing is losing water weight, which comes back on day four.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    nd1111 wrote: »

Why shouldn't you eat from all the food groups every day? A good diet plan incorporates a great variety of foods. But you'll have to stick to the plan for more than three days! You have to eat in a more sustainable way for the rest of your life. Will the diet teach you to do that?

If it sounds to good to be true, it most probably is.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's a fad diet that "works" because you eat very little calories. What you lose over the 3 days you will very likely gain back. There is nothing magic in the combo of foods, in fact I'm pretty sure someone started this diet as a joke to see how many people they could suck in, and even THEY are astounded at their own success.

It really is the dumbest fad diet out.
  • fembat75
    fembat75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Its a fad diet that will leave you nutritionally deprived and starving. Sure, you'll lose weight in the short term - but chance of gaining it back are likely.

Please don't resort to fad diets. They really dont work.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Imo, Whether a diet "works" or not is more about how likely you are to keep weight off once you've lost it. ... So, fad diet? It probably doesn't work
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    One of the stupidest diets I've ever come across. Why not try MFP? Learn the calorie load of what you are eating now and use that knowledge to make solid changes to your habits.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    One of the stupidest diets I've ever come across. Why not try MFP? Learn the calorie load of what you are eating now and use that knowledge to make solid changes to your habits.

No, that's booooring :s

• cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ugh...a girl I'm friends with on fb recently shared this to her timeline and I just -.- I read the entire article and I think I'm dumber for it. Just weigh your food with a food scale, and eat at a deficit. You will lose weight.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I eat from all food groups (EVAN CARBS! Gasp!!) daily, and I lose weight. And I'm not restricted to tuna, toast, and eggs or wtfe that crap was.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    No eat doesn't