soda

Options
2»

Replies

• ccjlgrider
    ccjlgrider Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    I'm just curious. Is the medicine strictly to make pop taste gross or is that just a random side effect? It doesn't really matter, I was just wondering. :smile:

I don't know what she is on but my neuro put me on Topamax for my migraines for a while and it makes carbonated drinks taste like hot metal. It's awful. And it is wild because you are looking at this Coke completely salivating because you KNOW it tastes good. But, you take a drink expecting it to be good and it tastes horrible. It's just the wildest thing.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    ccjlgrider wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    I'm just curious. Is the medicine strictly to make pop taste gross or is that just a random side effect? It doesn't really matter, I was just wondering. :smile:

I don't know what she is on but my neuro put me on Topamax for my migraines for a while and it makes carbonated drinks taste like hot metal. It's awful. And it is wild because you are looking at this Coke completely salivating because you KNOW it tastes good. But, you take a drink expecting it to be good and it tastes horrible. It's just the wildest thing.

I would be a sad panda if my Coke Zero tasted yucky. Note to self: never take Topamax!

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What, exactly, are you expecting as "effects"?

HINT: You're gonna be disappointed.
  • Ame_ly
    Ame_ly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It depends how much you were drinking in the first place. Most people who are avid soda drinkers and quit it(without replacing those calories w/o anything else) end up losing a significant amount of weight, but it would help you even more if you'd try and have a healthy diet overall. :smile:
  • mandi1029
    mandi1029 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I was just curious if people lost any weight or not. I don't expect to lose 50 lbs, just wanted to know everyones results. I mostly drank mt dew or coke, I'd throw some water in there. Now I'm strictly water. No my medicine isn't to make it taste nasty, but since I started it, my taste buds are different.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you don't replace the calories it should make losing 1-2 lb/week pretty easy.

People tend to replace at least some of the calories, though. Logging can help you avoid that.

That's a LOT of caffeine, as someone else pointed out, so it might be a bit rough at first. Adding in some coffee or tea can help, or just realize it will go away.