Lost 22lbs.

Options
ashley92188
ashley92188 Posts: 49 Member
This is the most weight I've ever lost on the million and one weight loss journeys I've been on. But I don't see a difference. I feel like I still look the same as I did 22lbs ago. I still have 80-100 more pounds to go to reach my goal. I'd just like to start seeing the results on more than just the scale.
Since I have so much to lose when do u think I'll start seeing my weight loss? Oh yea I'm 5"11 281lbs.

Replies

• GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ashley, I'm 5'4 and was 247 when I started dieting in Jan. I've lost 32 lbs and people have just started noticing. I notice because I just went down a dress size. I think when I lose another 20 people and myself will notice more. Remember, we didn't get this way overnight... and we won't change overnight either. You are doing great! Congrats on your weight loss!!

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm not as heavy as you but I'm almost 6'2" and the curse of being tall like us is that nobody (including yourself) will notice for the first 20lb. But you need to look for little signs, like your clothes being a little looser, as well as the more important ones like feeling more energetic. For me, I notice tiny changes in my face and my upper arms first. Plus there's the weird ones that definitely only you will notice - in my case, the fat I carry around my knees, and armpits, and the way my rolls of fat sit on my stomach, and how visible my ankles are. And the closer you get to your goal weight, the more dramatic the visual change per lb lost will be, because it's a greater proportion of your body weight than it was before. Hang in there - 22lb lost is awesome, and you'll start seeing results soon! :smile:
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Take pictures of yourself, I started that at the beginning of my journey and you can tell that I've lost weight.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I didn't look any different until I'd lost about 30lbs. Don't worry, be patient, don't get discouraged, you're going to look even more awesome if you stick with it :smile:
  • ashley92188
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    30 to 35 lbs people will start to notice. 50, they really start to notice! Good job! Keep it up.
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I'm 6ft 348lbs. I started at 367 a month ago. I have not noticed anything. But I know that people don't notice until I hit about 30lbs. And don't expect to go down a whole bunch of sizes. I would say it's about 40 lbs per size for us. But once you get to a smaller size 200-180 the sizes drop fast. Just be patient.
  • mccoyven22
    mccoyven22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!! That is cause to celebrate! Weightloss is so damn hard! I a 5'5 in a half and USE to weigh 255lbs. To date I have lost 100 pounds (the old fashion way-before surgery was the norm). Trust that the hard work will pay off and give you longer life, more energy and yeah...you start to LOVE even more how you look in clothes (and naked hehehe). People will probably notice before you- usually in the face first. When you lose around 30-40 it because more obvious and 50 plus- Man, people will think the weight is falling off you! Congrats again!
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. I started at 197 and I've lost 36 pounds and people have only recently started to notice. This is especially true of people who see me frequently.
  • ashley92188
    Options
    Thanks again everybody! People have told me I look like I'm losing weight but of course I don't see it lol. So I guess I will at around 30-40lbs. I just have to be patient and trust the process!
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Taking pictures has definitely helped me! I'm in the same boat. Lost 22 pounds myself and barely anyone noticed. However, taking pictures I can and my wife can notice the difference. Plus I have people commenting at the gym at how hard I am working and to keep it up (which feels awesome). I know the reward will come eventually! Just keep going!!!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'11" and started at 247, now 177. I think it took about 20-30lbs for me to see a difference. I think the great thing about being tall is you don't see weight creeping on as much, but it also takes longer to notice weight losses as well. You'll see it soon enough. I took photos every time I lost 10lbs, and putting the images next to each other, about every 20lbs you can see a larger jump. Feel free to friend me.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You've got this. We are pretty much the same height and I'm not giving up. So don't you start. <3 One day at a time. One day at a time means one day less to your goal. If you start tomorrow you are just adding a day. So just remember you don't want to look back next year thinking you wish you'd started. I've been doing that for years, but no more. I don't see myself failing at all, because it is not an option. I don't care if I see results, I care if I feel results. The rest is all a bonus.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!