Getting Started...Again

Options
So, we are back on the band wagon at my house. I want to lose 70lbs by July 1, 2016 and my dh wants to drop 50.

We have tried to get it together and get back to eating healthy many times since our last big weight loss adventure but we never seem to be able to make it stick. That was way back in 2009 when my dh and I each lost 50lbs ...and it felt so easy. I was on mat leave with our youngest and breast feeding so I was using an extra 500 calories a day (prob not worth the effort of having another baby just for the calories I would burn). The last time we also discovered how much better healthy food tastes to us!

So here we go again! We are using a combination of stuff that we believe will work for us. Some of the old Weight Watchers Core plan, some of Dr Oz's YOU plan, some home grown solutions (tracking sheets/journals), some great advice from people we trust and information off of the Internet (taken with a healthy dose of scepticism).

For this time around, we have resurrected our old tracking sheets, established our long term goals, quit sugar, and are back on track! What is your story?

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just getting started again, too. Or trying to. Like you I found it easy last time around, this time I'm struggling to get into the right mind set, and finding it much more difficult.
  • aaappeldoorn
    aaappeldoorn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mind set is hard! I think that was my big downfall in previous attempts. This time I am consciously trying to change my thoughts from "I can't have that junk food" to "I don't want to have all of those issues that come with the junk food." It's like an "aha" moment ... I am not the person who can't have it ... I am now the person who doesn't want it.