Intermediate fasting and fasted cardio...

Options
what is your take on this ???

Replies

• cfp1981
    cfp1981 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Do you mean intermittent fasting? If so, it has worked well for many. There are different methods of it also.
  • princesschellzz
    princesschellzz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! My bad , you know what I mean :D I see people fast like 18-24 hours and it's hard to do that! I get so hungry in the morning and I need to eat before work! Do you have any tips ?
  • cfp1981
    Options
    No worries - you could try something along the lines of the "leangains" protocol where you fast for say, 16 hours and then have an 8 hour "feeding window", so you could fit that window around your day - ie wake at 06:00 and have breakfast, lunch and dinner all by 14:00 and then you'd fast from 14:00 until you wake at 06:00 the next day and start over again.

Some people can respond better to missing breakfast and starting their feeding window later in the day, but if you are really hungry in the morning maybe you'd be best off having your breakfast and then starting your fast later in the day. It's something worth experimenting with, and alot of it is mental too. Some take a 5/2 approach where you eat normally for 5 days a week and then restrict yourself to 5-600 calories 2 days each week so you could restrict yourself on Monday, eat normally Tuesday and Wednesday, restrict Thursday and then eat normally on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Experiment and give it time to see how you get on, and good luck.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! My bad , you know what I mean :D I see people fast like 18-24 hours and it's hard to do that! I get so hungry in the morning and I need to eat before work! Do you have any tips ?

Tips for what? What you doing? What are you trying to do? Why?

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

If you are doing an 18 hour fast it's easy. Start the fast after lunch, and by morning you will be able to eat, basically only skipping dinner. If you are doing a 24 hour fast it's a bit trickier. It's easier to start after lunch and fast until lunch next day (skipping dinner and next day breakfast), but since you can't go without eating in the morning you could start it after a hearty breakfast (skipping lunch and dinner and eating breakfast as usual next day).

Keep in mind that hunger will only last a few days, after which you get used to it and it becomes something you recognize and move on rather than something you obsess about.

Why are you considering fasting this way by the way? Are you trying to control your calories by eating them all in one or two meals a day?
  • princesschellzz
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm trying to find different methods for weight loss. Someone told me about this and I'm brand new about this concept. Is this method good for weight loss ?
  • cfp1981
    Options
    It certainly can be yes. I've known people lose alot of weight using these methods. But, like any diet or fitness plan it comes down to YOU. You have to be honest and you have to commit to it. Do some research, do some experimentation and get going. It will be tough at times, but stick with it if you are serious about your goals. There are many decent methods out there that will work for you if you put the work in, Intermittent Fasting and it's many variations are just one of them.
  • princesschellzz
    edited May 2015
    Options

The thing is I lost 30 pounds myself ... And I've been stuck for months!! Right was two years ago and the left was this year in January , I might give this a go and see how it goes

Me want abbbbbzzzzzzzz lmao
  • cfp1981
    Options
    Do you mean the left was two years ago? You look slimmer in the pic on the right as I see it - with the grey top and black bottoms. Great job so far.