Pop up invite for MFP Premium

Options
musicandarts
musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
Does anyone know how I can disable the invitation to upgrade to Premium, which appears every time I log in?

Replies

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm bookmarking this in case you get an answer...
  • tthoma5201
    tthoma5201 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Me too it's annoying
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Probably not going to happen, but good luck ;)
  • weavingtheweb
    weavingtheweb Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A tip from another user said to make sure to have cookies enabled to stop the pop up from showing
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It's very annoying, then my computer freezes after I close it.
  • musicandarts
    Options
    I am thinking of developing a not-for-profit MFP like service that will always be free. I am sick of these internet companies whose business model is to build enough customer base and sell out. Services like MFP has no proprietary intellectual property. All their information comes from public domain. And then they charge premium price to access that content that was mostly built by us.

If you have ideas, please comment. Our key costs are initial programming (one time) and maintaining/renting server space (on-going).
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Every other time it pops up on me, it triggers a virus warning. I have no idea if it really is bringing in a virus or not, but I do a scan anyway. I'd really like to be able to just click on a 'no' and be done with it.
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't recall ever having it pop up.I run Adblock plus maybe that's stopping it ?
  • justme_Ally
    justme_Ally Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    adblock will stop it
  • davidg1
    davidg1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    my fittness pal was free untill under all bought them
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My popup seems to finally have timed itself out. I have AdBlock plus, always have. The pop up for the upgrade still came through. Now it's done though. Thank you.
  • gadgetive
    gadgetive Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of developing a not-for-profit MFP like service that will always be free. I am sick of these internet companies whose business model is to build enough customer base and sell out. Services like MFP has no proprietary intellectual property. All their information comes from public domain. And then they charge premium price to access that content that was mostly built by us.

If you have ideas, please comment. Our key costs are initial programming (one time) and maintaining/renting server space (on-going).

I think that's admirable, but the biggest issue is funding. Running MFP takes a lot of hardware and network bandwidth to run. They have to pay the bills somehow, and keep investors happy.

Now, if you had a lot of money you were willing to dump in such a project, that could certainly work.
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

You could set up a crowd funding page if you are serious about this? I'm sure a few people would rather throw $10 to a new service than a premium service of one thats visible getting worse and worse.

• musicandarts
    Options
    @gadgetive @joshuapowell1989

As a service model, we may be able to get enough advertisement revenue to pay the bills. If either of you can give me some idea on the programming and server expenses, I can start building a financial model.