fitbit charge hr or flex?

Options
agartin
agartin Posts: 274 Member
My HRM bit the dust recently and my birthday is around the corner.... so naturally this is what I decided to ask hubby for. :D

Question is... flex or charge hr?

I do mostly step, zumba and strength training. Is it really beneficial to know my hr constantly vs just estimated calories burned and active minutes?

Lastly... my wrist measures 6.3"... so should I opt for small or large?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to be much help with the HR thing.

As for the band size the Flex comes with a large and small band. The ChargeHR you will probably want a large. I have the small Surge and if my wrist was much bigger, I'd be wearing it to tight (my wrist is just under 6"). Now you might want to consider the Charge, it's the model between the Flex and ChargeHR. Basically it has a display and counts stairs (flex doesn't), but it doesn't have the HRM.
  • Carey1983
    Carey1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Small
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've had both and prefer the clasp on the charge hr. Its like a classic wrist watch clasp.
    Hope it helps
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have a charge HR. It's brill. Size wise, I have tiny wrists and have the large. The small is so small it's child sized which is a bit ridiculous.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    None of those exercises are tracked accurately by an HRM so you may as well just get a basic activity tracker
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Have a charge Hr. Live it. I never had a tracker before. But I love having the display on my wrist when I tap it and I love the HR part (esp for workout sessions and sleep tracking ) having tons of fun with it :)
    I measured a six wrist and got the small I wear it right in the middle of the band holes for exercise and one looser for the rest of the day
    Highly recommend it.