Workout pants? Ladies

Options
My current stretchy sports leggings keep fall down when I start jumping or running during a workout. They fit perfect when worn just regularly so don't think its a sizing issue. They are driving me mad!!! I'm joining a gym in a few weeks and don't want to have to keep stopping during workouts to hike my pants up again lol. I'm thinking possible yoga style pants with drawstring or even sport shorts might work? Anyone suffer with this issue and found some nice pants that stay up?? Would love any recommendations.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My pants fall down too. The best for the price for me have been the brand RBX. They are stylish too and have pretty waist bands. The best in general...Lululemon. Pricey. But they aren't going anywhere.
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Under Armour leggings are my go to for yoga or cycling. I try to wait for coupon codes for the shop I usually buy from. They can definitely be pricy, but they stay up, look cute, and have aged well and still look new.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Lulu run inspires for when I'm in the mood for longer pants, boogie shorts for when I don't want anything on my legs.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to find any workout "pants" that don't look seethrough on my buttcheeks. I dont have the issue with rolling/falling down though.

I choose to work out in UnderArmour shorts and they work like a boss though.
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/womens-ua-heatgear-armour-printed-shorty/pid1257804-684
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/1242351/pid1242351-002
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/womens-ua-authentic-7-compression-shorts/pid1236555-001

I have the above three. I also have some of these by nike.
    http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/pro-7-training-shorts/pid-1535979/pgid-1535980

For me these dont roll down/roll up. I don't have wedgie or cameltoe. I dont have see-through-ness. And most importantly they wick sweat so i dont feel gross.

I personally dont like shorts/pants that are baggy because i'm afraid when laying down (bench, sit ups, etc.) i might flash someone a butt-cheek.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I like my Nike Pro spandex personally.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Nike's relay crop won't fall down. Definitely the best I've found. Super flattering too. Also, lululemon inspire crop/tight
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I really like Athleta.
  • DMLC2014
    DMLC2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love Under Armour clothing! It is worth the price.(long as you don't have a huge weight loss) My husband has had shirts for about 10 years and look almost brand new...they don't fade, fall apart or stretch!
  • kutedaisy
    kutedaisy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    lol I had same problem other week running on treadmill, are they from wal-mart? maybe same brand. I just switched to Old Navy brand
  • liz2512
    liz2512 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try compression pants. I just bought some and they stay up a lot better.
  • sudzrunner959
    sudzrunner959 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner and suffer from the same problem. I don't consider anything without a drawstring, when shopping for workout wear. I have some nice Nike pants, but usually go cheaper with Target's Champion brand or Penney's Xersion brand. There are some good drawstring options out there, but it takes a little hunting to find them!
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your replies! I've just done some googling and found some sports stores near by that stock those brands. Think i'll pop down this week and try some on. Hope they don't think im too crazy for jumping around in the fitting room though haha!
  • neschamarie
    neschamarie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Target Champion brand is my fave! I have XXL compression crops right now, they're getting a big baggy but I'm certain I could probably fit a regular L now so that's to be expected.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Compression crops/pants are your friend. I'll be investing in more this fall once it cools down.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I just love you all in gym gear. Thanks
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I love champion! They're affordable and don't fall down when running and what not! Target has them, but I've also found them at sports authority! I wear the Capri ones. I think they may be compression pants. Who knows. They're tight but they don't move anywhere so that's a good thing!
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have some Oakley pants that I love!! They have great workout tops too with built in sports bras and loose tanks over. I bought mine 50% off in February so hoping for a similar deal this spring!

ETA: my butt is the flattest part of me (for now) and it hasn't been as issue with the Oakley pants.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    If you have a Costco near you they can have great workout stuff! I'm sorry I forget the name brand of the workout leggings but they have a drawstring to adjust (sounds like that would work for you) and the price is right. I also like my Old Navy compression leggings (stay up and keep things from jiggling).
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I use Champion. Affordable and good quality.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Athleta! Their kickbooty pants are so damn flattering, and they stay exactly where they should when I run, lift and in yoga. I also have some lulu lemons, and they are definitely cuter, but they don't stay in place as well as the athleta pants.