How do you make yourself drink more water?

Options
13»

Replies

• abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I, like I'm sure many of you, can not get myself to drink my 8 glasses of water a day. I've tried making it flavored and even buying new water bottles to keep it fun but nothing seems to stick. Any suggestions?

Have you tried this one? http://www.amazon.com/Zing-Anything-Citrus-Zinger-Juicer/dp/B00GH6ZRTU

I have always had the same issue but I actually really enjoy it with this water bottle. You don't have to just use citrus either. You can put berries, cucumbers, mint, etc. It's awesome.
  • abetterluke
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    kr1stadee wrote: »
    Use a straw. Seriously. I can down 3 cups (as much as my bottle holds) in an hour.

YES, a straw. If I'm at home, I have a cup by the sink and every time I go in I have a glass. I also have a glass before I dish up each meal, and if I grab a diet soda, I drink water first.

Complete opposite for me. I straw makes me drink less but a wide mouthed water bottle (like the 32 oz nalgene ones) and I can down 4 or 5 a day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle at my desk- a sippy bottle or a straw are best but anything that's SUPER close and convenient so I can grab it when I'm essentially bored.
  • abetterluke
    Options
    I, like I'm sure many of you, can not get myself to drink my 8 glasses of water a day. I've tried making it flavored and even buying new water bottles to keep it fun but nothing seems to stick. Any suggestions?

Have you tried this one? http://www.amazon.com/Zing-Anything-Citrus-Zinger-Juicer/dp/B00GH6ZRTU

I have always had the same issue but I actually really enjoy it with this water bottle. You don't have to just use citrus either. You can put berries, cucumbers, mint, etc. It's awesome.

Also for the record on this -- you don't need to drink a ton of water everyday. That's been debunked. I keep this bottle at work and drink about 2 of them per day. Then I have a glass of water with dinner and that's usually it. Oh and 1 cup of coffee in the morning.
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    After committing to increasing my water intake over a year ago, I can safely say it is a habit. You'll get there too. You'll stop thinking "I need to have 8 glasses" to noticing how different you feel when you haven't. In fact, this thread reminded me that I need to refill my glass :)
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    straws! i dont know what it is. i can suck it down with a straw. out of a bottle or cup without it will take me all day...
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I noticed the more I drink water, the more I crave it. Not only that, I made it a personal goal for myself and set an alarm throughout the day to remind myself to drink it. After two weeks I noticed more clear skin, less fatigue and I seemed to sweat more at the gym which I actually liked. I also noticed that if I fell off the wagon with my water drinking within just one day, my lips became chapped. I seemed to have that problem daily until I started drinking water, I hadn't noticed it. Then again, back to my main point, the more I made myself drink it, the more I actually craved it. I also cannot drink it ice cold. I prefer mine room temp.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    straws! i dont know what it is. i can suck it down with a straw. out of a bottle or cup without it will take me all day...

it's literally just easier. I drink WAY more with a straw than without- no question.
  • abetterluke
    Options
    agartin wrote: »
    I noticed the more I drink water, the more I crave it. Not only that, I made it a personal goal for myself and set an alarm throughout the day to remind myself to drink it. After two weeks I noticed more clear skin, less fatigue and I seemed to sweat more at the gym which I actually liked. I also noticed that if I fell off the wagon with my water drinking within just one day, my lips became chapped. I seemed to have that problem daily until I started drinking water, I hadn't noticed it. Then again, back to my main point, the more I made myself drink it, the more I actually craved it. I also cannot drink it ice cold. I prefer mine room temp.

Totally agree with this. I've been having a lot of issues with chapped lips and it's always on the days when I don't drink my water. I also have way more energy.
  • Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Flavor drops. I like all Crush brand flavor drops, great value brand 'sweet' tea (no sugar in it), miyo (sp) drops, the dasani pineapple coconut drops are good too.
  • jessicamcc712
    jessicamcc712 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I set alarms on my phone. We have these big plasic cups that hold about 2 cups of water. I drink one when I wake up, one the first half of the work day, one the 2nd half of the day and one when I get home from work. The alarm is just to help me remember if I get to busy. Some days I drink more. For me, the alarm has helped me keep on track.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've been carrying around with me every where a one gallon jug . It seems to help me remember to actually drink it!