Any suggestions?

Hey, I've been lifting for a couple years and I have saw some results, not as fast as I would like but they are slowly coming. I weigh 147 and I want to get to 165, any suggestions? It's hard to force myself to eat, so any advice?

Replies

• 1st_BeStrong
    1st_BeStrong Posts: 14 Member
    If you don't eat enough... your body had a tendency to hoard carbs, etc... to protect itself from starvation.
    Even though I am over weight, I usually was the one that didn't eat anything till around 6 or 7 PM for the 1st food of the day. Not a 'diet' plan, I just never would feel hungry & so I wouldn't even think about food.
    Since I found MFP, I have set alarms on my phone to remind me to eat. Believe it or not, I have lost a total of 30 lbs. & still coming off little by little. About 2+ lbs. per week & I am unable to do much most would consider exercise.
    Sorry, but you must eat to lose.

Think of your body like a camp fire. As long as that fire is lite, you are getting rid of fire wood. If you let the fire burn out, so does the loss of that wood. Okay, now, switch that to the fire is your metabolism and you must fuel it with food if you want to burn fat & calories. You gotta keep your 'fire' stoked. Eating 3 small meals and 2 or 3 snacks is fueling your metabolism's fire.
    I hope that helps you understand better why you need to eat to lose weight. It took my brain a bit to wrap around the 'more makes less' math too! B)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    If you don't eat enough... your body had a tendency to hoard carbs, etc... to protect itself from starvation.
    Even though I am over weight, I usually was the one that didn't eat anything till around 6 or 7 PM for the 1st food of the day. Not a 'diet' plan, I just never would feel hungry & so I wouldn't even think about food.
    Since I found MFP, I have set alarms on my phone to remind me to eat. Believe it or not, I have lost a total of 30 lbs. & still coming off little by little. About 2+ lbs. per week & I am unable to do much most would consider exercise.

Think of your body like a camp fire. As long as that fire is lite, you are getting rid of fire wood. If you let the fire burn out, so does the loss of that wood. Okay, now, switch that to the fire is your metabolism and you must fuel it with food if you want to burn fat & calories. You gotta keep your 'fire' stoked. Eating 3 small meals and 2 or 3 snacks is fueling your metabolism's fire.
    I hope that helps you understand better why you need to eat to lose weight. It took my brain a bit to wrap around the 'more makes less' math too! B)

Wow, so many words and so little that mean anything. That fire going out thing? Yeah, we call that "death". Faulty analogy is faulty, please do yourself, and others a favour and take a course and stop giving "advice" until you learn a few things. I'm not trying to be difficult but this type of post is more harmful than helpful.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Hey, I've been lifting for a couple years and I have saw some results, not as fast as I would like but they are slowly coming. I weigh 147 and I want to get to 165, any suggestions? It's hard to force myself to eat, so any advice?

Aside from MrM's advice to read the sticky, which has all you really need to know to start, you need to figure out why you are having issues getting enough calories. If you are trying to eat nothing but "clean" food than you are likely trying to eat too many foods that are not very dense in calories and the solution is to eat more calorific foods like beef, nuts, oils, and what is often termed "junk food" like potato chips and ice cream.

Good luck to you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

so much wrong..

OP - ignore this ...
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    OP, be careful making your goal related to a weight target. That is a slippery slope to fat land. Focus on a moderate cal surplus, a weight training program with progressive overload, training at least 4 times per week, lots of sleep, etc. You should probably read the "how to bulk" sticky first like others have suggested.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member

Exactly what is your training regimine?