What's wrong with the goal/food diary?

yirara
yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
What's going on with creating goals on the website? Every two days my maintenance goal jumps up from 1600 to 1870kcal. I had t use the automatic goal calculator to change it back. But this time it doesn't work at all. When using the calculator it does show the presumably correct numbers, but it doesn't update on the food diary. I think it's a bug with the workout logger as it always reoccurs the day after I log an exercise. Mind you, the last exercise logged was 200kcal, not 270!

btw, in case you wonder: Scooby agrees with the TDEE calculation, though I think it might be a bit higher due to some muscles.

Replies

• yirara
    Argh! I just see that quite a few previous entries have this 270kcal surplus now! At least I managed to fix it for today by creating a custom goal of not 1600 (didn't work) but 1601. Something is seriously messed up here.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Might have to do with them slowly rolling out the update for MFP Premium.

I have the option to upgrade to premium now and along with it there were changes made to my home page and my goal page. I haven't looked at exercise yet, but the goal page used to tell you the estimated daily calorie burn that it was using to give you your goal and now it doesn't.
  • yirara
    I see no difference in the website anywhere. Might be a regional thing though. Only thing I really noticed is that the goal implementation in the food diary is messed up.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    I see no difference in the website anywhere. Might be a regional thing though. Only thing I really noticed is that the goal implementation in the food diary is messed up.

There was a post from them on their help area of the site that they are going to be slowly releasing access to premium starting April 24, 2015. They just changed mine today (my husbands didn't get changed).

My new "goals" page:
    m0woksf7rsgi.jpg
  • yirara
    Uh, that looks terrible. I can't wait for this to appear in my account :(
  • yirara
    *sigh* and again I got a higher calorie goal for today. This time the goal settings were set to half a pound gain per week. I could change it with the app, but the website refused again.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    New stuff on the app is driving me nuts. The last thing anyone wants is a nutty SLLRunner.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    MFP Technical Support

0c2478f27c54926bfc3e1549d849a2b8.jpg
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,089 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    MFP Technical Support

0c2478f27c54926bfc3e1549d849a2b8.jpg

Not fair to the kitties! They are smarter than that. ;)
  • yirara
    Well.. this time it's the website that acts up for me. The app is fine (I just never use it).