Is this a lost battle?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those charts are fascinating! What a great way to keep weight loss in perspective. It's not linear, and it's more important to track a trend over time. So cool!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear and getting healthy and fit doesn't happen overnight. 18 days is a drop in the proverbial bucket. <<<Going on 3 years of "good livin" ...still learning, still working, still setting goals and working towards those goals.
    aventuramt wrote: »
    I do measure the food and drink i take. Even when i eat out. I always carry a set of measuring cups and spoons with me, so in case I have to eat out, (i usually pack my lunch and snacks), i know how much I eat.
    Eating vegetables, beans, fruits and nuts it is hard to get up 2000 cal.

No...no it's not...it's actually really easy considering legumes and nuts are both very calorie dense.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Make your diary public so we can check it out.

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I do measure the food and drink i take. Even when i eat out. I always carry a set of measuring cups and spoons with me, so in case I have to eat out, (i usually pack my lunch and snacks), i know how much I eat.
    Eating vegetables, beans, fruits and nuts it is hard to get up 2000 cal.

Measuring cups should be used for liquids. Food scale for solids.
    Anyone have the link to that video about measuring cups vs a food scale?
  • aventuramt
    aventuramt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I dont eat diary products nor eggs. The nuts i add are measured like 1 tbl spoon of organic flax seeds, or 5 almonds. I do not eat white potatoes. I eat whole wheat bread and pasta but just occasionally, and no more than 1 slice a day if and when I eat it, or half cup of whole pastas.
    I cook at home and at home use the scale. Measuring cups and spoons is for the rare occasion that i have to eat out.

Sometimes people get overweight or fat on salad because the salad is swimming in a pool of salad dressing. As a dressing i squeeze a real lemon or add some cider vinegar.

I am 5'10 and 234lb . I do not know what is non dedicated exercises. I attend the exercise classes that i am allowed to take given my health condition, with doctors approval and instructors modifications to fit me. 6 days a week
    My T3 and T4 were border line some time ago
  • shadow2soul
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I dont eat diary products nor eggs. The nuts i add are measured like 1 tbl spoon of organic flax seeds, or 5 almonds. I do not eat white potatoes. I eat whole wheat bread and pasta but just occasionally, and no more than 1 slice a day if and when I eat it, or half cup of whole pastas.
    I cook at home and at home use the scale. Measuring cups and spoons is for the rare occasion that i have to eat out.

Sometimes people get overweight or fat on salad because the salad is swimming in a pool of salad dressing. As a dressing i squeeze a real lemon or add some cider vinegar.

I am 5'10 and 234lb . I do not know what is non dedicated exercises. I attend the exercise classes that i am allowed to take given my health condition, with doctors approval and instructors modifications to fit me. 6 days a week

Okay. I have an example for you about weighing vs not. In this case if I had not weighed I would have thought I had about 220 calories, but in reality I had 275.

First bread slice 10 extra calories-
    kus1adtv4y8b.jpg

Second Oatmeal 45 extra calories-
    0ied08gbsnqu.jpg

Little things like that add up quick. If your not losing weight, you might want to try it. I'd show you something with butter and peanut butter, but I have no idea wear my TBSP is at the moment.
  • shadow2soul
    Options

Okay. I have an example for you about weighing vs not. In this case if I had not weighed I would have thought I had about 220 calories, but in reality I had 275.

First bread slice 10 extra calories-
    kus1adtv4y8b.jpg

Second Oatmeal 45 extra calories-
    0ied08gbsnqu.jpg

Little things like that add up quick. If your not losing weight, you might want to try it. I'd show you something with butter and peanut butter, but I have no idea where my TBSP is at the moment.

• shadow2soul
    Options
    I found the video:
    https://youtu.be/JVjWPclrWVY