What foods do you snack on??

Options
2»

Replies

• madelinecroteau
    madelinecroteau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on roasted chickpeas, seeds, dried fruit, rice cakes, etc.
    Sometimes I'll have an apple but make my dip of 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp of any nut butter and its satisfying and healthy!
  • MamaPajamama
    MamaPajamama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make my own mixed nuts from the bulk section at my local market. This way, I know that it's everything I like and I can control the portions and sodium. Apples and peanut butter is also a favorite. There's "Mary's gone crackers" which are yummy too.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I plan for my after dinner snack so that it fits into my macros/calories for the day. Lately I've been liking So Delicious brand Cashew milk double chocolate truffle ice cream. So good and I will cut out my dinner carbs to eat it if I have to, it is that good. You can eat whatever you want and still lose, as long as you plan for it. I used to have the issue with not getting enough calories the last time I was on MFP and I ended up losing 10 lbs and then quit and gained it all back because I felt deprived of things I love. It is okay to eat things that are high calorie as long as they fit into your calorie/macro goals, and you will still lose weight because you'll still be at a calorie deficit. I no longer have an issue with meeting my calorie goals and I don't feel deprived anymore because I choose things I love and then work everything else around them. You do not have to eat boring boiled chicken, salad and veggies 3 times a day to lose weight. If you are having a hard time meeting your calorie goals it's because you're being too restrictive.
  • Katka11
    Katka11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cashew butter on top of dark chocolate covered rice cake, so yum you can also put low sugar jam on top of that. Greek yogurt with jam. Smoothies.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    fruit, greek yogurt, granola bar, hard boiled or poached egg, deli slice of meat wrapped around cheese, carrot or jalapeno, cottage cheese ( usually add fruit or spicy salsa)