Coping with hungry days.

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I eat more. PMS week is crazy insane usually and last week I was 3500 over my TDEE for the week, but I just couldn't stand the hunger (and I really tried to make better choices but all the protein and good fat in the world didn't seem to help, only carbs). And yes, it totally sucks. Thankfully it only happens about 7 days a month... just got to try to stay on track the other 23.
  • TheJenProject
    TheJenProject Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Before I would try and let it pass and ignore it, but now I realized it`s because my body is misisng something or sometimes are bodies need more calories one day then the next which makes perfect sense. So some days I just eat more and go over my calories and then the next day I cut it and I`ve found when I do that the next day is fairly easy to cut calories as my body is not hungry. It all balances as long as your eating because your body is truly hungry and not for emotional reasons is whats important!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Those days, I add HYOOGE salads with light dressing and as many types of veggies as I can get.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    zmusic wrote: »
    I don't ever go hungry and I don't exceed my calorie count. I don't eat big meals full of empty calories. If I feel hungry I eat something nutritious like yogurt, vegetables or fruit.

Very helpful...
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I get those days once in a while, usually the sweet cravings kick in those days. I eat a bag of frozen veggies and then let myself have whatever I'm craving. By then I'm so full from the veggies I don't have the desire to eat much of the sweets.
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get those days once in a while, usually the sweet cravings kick in those days. I eat a bag of frozen veggies and then let myself have whatever I'm craving. By then I'm so full from the veggies I don't have the desire to eat much of the sweets.

Good idea!!!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I usually find my hungry days occur when I have not been getting enough protein. I eat a nice juicy hamburger and if I go over my calories I don't worry about it. otherwise I will eat everything but the kitchen sink
  • rocknroll667
    rocknroll667 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My second week of a deficit was easier. First week I was emotional and hungry with pangs. Keep at it. Chugging water is a great idea. Challenge yourself. If its interrupting your sleep, try having a carby snack before bed (leave calories for it of course)
  • rocknroll667
    rocknroll667 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Lol that sounds awesome
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If I am really hungry, I'll have a piece of fruit. If i'm not hungry for fruit, then I'm not really hungry.
  • Adiemus200
    Adiemus200 Posts: 63 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Good idea. I will try that next time. :-)

Thanks for the replies people I appreciate it. I have been using myfitness pal for a while and I go by a weekly deficit. Generally I feel fine most of the time. But I felt that hungry I could have eaten my own arm off this weekend. I had a large loss this week, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I feel much better today. Hopefully I can stay on track for the rest of the week. :-)

• mch2829
    mch2829 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There have been times when I just didn't feel up to dieting, felt hungry, and just switched to maintenance until the feeling passed. You don't have to consistently lose weight. Just don't gain anything back. There's nothing wrong with eating up to your maintenance for a while until your motivation returns.