Eye opening way to look at drinks

Options
I’m pretty sure most people on MFP would know not to normally order any of this stuff, but this overview of calorie-laden drinks is pretty interesting nonetheless and I love the way it’s presented.

Those espresso drinks are crazy and I was shocked to read about Rockstar. And the frozen mocha...eeeeep. I’ll just sip my green tea. Mmmm...so delicious...tastes, I mean, smells just like a freshly mowed lawn...

http://www.leenks.com/link274061.html

Replies

• LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I am one of those lucky people who have always just enjoyed plain old water and nothing but! Can't stand coffee, only drank pop once in a very blue moon and not a fan of fruit juices ever! Water is my drink of choice and always has been:)
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    That's why I drink my coffee black or with a packet of splenda. They are so horrible!!!! How can they pack so many cals in a glass of liquid? Heinous....
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    great post!
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    Suprised with the sunkist!
  • cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Fox News the other morning. I was so shocked at some of those drinks! A few of them had more calories in that one drink than I'm supposed to have for an entire day of calories!!
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    UGH I know! I LOVE flavored coffee drinks and all the sorts but they are sooo high in calories! I'd rather be losing weight than be drinking on one of those though!! I do have a diet drink every now and then. I have to have some kind of caffeine since I work night shift. To fit my water in, I do mix some crystal light energy with my water. So I get my water and my caffeine at the same time...LOL Every now and then I do have a cup of coffee with some low calorie sweetner.
  • dwilk
    dwilk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for the post. This is good information.
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    As a former barista, I love the a good mocha or creamy espresso drink as much as the next person. I tried the international delights creamers in the silver and black containers, and I think they are pretty good! They make sugar free flavors, so if you want to make your own and save on some of the calories and sugar, they are totally worth it! I only use a teaspoon per day, so thanks to MFP I know I haven't completely blown it!

I'm also a firm believer in not drinking soda! It can be addicting and just like that article says, they are empty calories that do nothing good for your body.

Water is the way to go!!!