Cereal bars

2»

Replies

• Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    The Jordan's frusli I get in UK are about 113 calories I think!?
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    Instead of eating bars, all of which are highly processed, why not just eat real food? Cheaper, and there are tons of foods you can grab on the go.

Shelf life. You can keep cereal bars for weeks on end without them going bad. Stash a bunch in your car, at work, in the pantry, in your gym bag, wherever. Then, whenever you get hungry and it's not convenient or possible to eat "real food", you should have some readily on hand. It can save you that visit to the fast food drive thru that you'll later regret.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I usually have a snack of nuts or fruit with me that serves the same purpose. Almonds especially.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    peter56765 wrote: »
    whmscll wrote: »
    Instead of eating bars, all of which are highly processed, why not just eat real food? Cheaper, and there are tons of foods you can grab on the go.

Shelf life. You can keep cereal bars for weeks on end without them going bad. Stash a bunch in your car, at work, in the pantry, in your gym bag, wherever. Then, whenever you get hungry and it's not convenient or possible to eat "real food", you should have some readily on hand. It can save you that visit to the fast food drive thru that you'll later regret.

This^^^

Of course, I'm not from the camp that seems to believe all processed foods cause cancer and diabetes.

Special K's though - they're soooo tasty, but they don't last. I love the strawberry ones... and don't even get me started on the brownies... But seriously, they'll keep you satisfied for about 1/2 an hour. I do like the Fiber Ones, but I'm discovering if I eat them every day they can cause me some tummy issues. KIND bars are also quite nice.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Clarewho wrote: »
    The Jordan's frusli I get in UK are about 113 calories I think!?

Even better. I choose them for the taste and convenience while I'm out competing :) but that's good to know.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I adore the Nature Valley CRUNCHY granola bars, Apple Crisp flavor. They're very yummy and extremely filling, but may exceed your sugar allowance. There are other flavors, but they don't compare to the Apple Crisp ones.