Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I think 1300 is too low for you
  • jamiehynam2015
    jamiehynam2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1300 a day is low and if your working out aswell thats a stupid amount.. You need 2000-2500 daily and get them from nuts, fish, meat, peanutt butter, protein shakes, eggs.... Whats your goal?.. I'm guessing u eat like 3x a day?.. Eat more often 5-6x daily small meals
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    RemonS9X wrote: »
    I'm pretty much a raw vegan plus I don't eat anything processed, dried, and no grain. I've been doing this for about 3 1/2 years and haven't had any adverse effects. Also I have been carefully monitoring my calcium, iron, and potassium to make sure I'm getting healthy amounts. My profile is set to public if any of you would like to view my habits.

If that were true, you wouldn't be here.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Ms_LisaKay wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Google TDEE Calculator and use it to estimate based on your age, weight, height and activity level what your base metabolic rate is. If you're trying to lose weight you should be targeting 500-750 below that number/day. It also helps to underestimate your activity level.

I think it's safe to say you're on the low side, but without knowing more I wouldn't guess what number you should be getting.

I don't get this. Why do we tell people who are new to trying MFP to screw up their calculations on purpose? Why don't we tell them to use the plan as written (i.e., estimate activity level as accurately as possible), try it a few weeks, and then make changes from there?

I do it because I wish someone had told me to do it when I first started. Estimating one thing led me to estimating other things, which did not help. Why estimate vaguely (are you MFP Active or MFP Sedentary?) when you can estimate more accurately with some of the better TDEE calculators? Or, if it is ok to vaguely estimate activity, what is so wrong with vaguely estimating portion sizes rather than weighing them to the gram?

Sorry for the derail, OP. I have nothing for ya, because better minds than mine have contributed real answers. I reckon you could use some more cals, but that's just opinion.

you do realize that TDEE Calculators online are vague estimations as well right? Both of the most recommended here Scooby and IIFYM calculate my TDEE about 200-250 higher than it actually is...I know because I use my own data to calculate my TDEE which I maintained on for months.

MFP Sedentary vs Active is not vague
    1) <5000 steps.d (sedentary);
    2) 5000-7499 steps.d (low active);
    3) 7500-9999 steps.d (somewhat active);
    4) > or =10,000-12,499 steps.d (active); and
    5) > or =12,500 steps.d (highly active)
  • jamiehynam2015
    jamiehynam2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    1300 a day is low and if your working out aswell thats a stupid amount.. You need 2000-2500 daily and get them from nuts, fish, meat, peanutt butter, protein shakes, eggs.... Whats your goal?.. I'm guessing u eat like 3x a day?.. Eat more often 5-6x daily small meals
    You just threw out a random caloric intake range, it doesn't work like that.

How does it work then? I'm pretty sure 2000 cals a day is needed minimum with daily exercise aswell he needs to bump it up
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

He's vegan. As far as I know, fish, meat, and eggs are not vegan food choices.

The number of meals does not matter. Overall caloric intake vs. outgo matter.
  • gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    RemonS9X wrote: »
    I'm about 5'7 and weigh roughly 163 lbs

I'm your height and I weigh 170. I eat about 1800-2000.

Find your lean body mass and that should be your protein intake. A lil more is fine but nothing over 150. Get ur healthy fats, about 60-80g and the rest r carbs.

I believe u should be eating at least 1600-1800. I been where u are and its stressful because it gets to a point where u won't lose or gain anything. You'll be spinning ur wheels @RemonS9X

• debbiesmallVEGAN
    debbiesmallVEGAN Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Following #debbiesmall