food diary does not update when changing calorie goals

Options
So I have changed my calorie goal to losing .5 lbs a weeI, which is 1510, and it still has all of my food diary settings at 1240, which is 1 lb a week. How do I make my food diary reflect what I have in my goal settings?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It's always done it automatically for me. Are you sure you really made the change?
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is really bizarre, I tried both on the mobile and desktop versions!
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    happened to me too, kept trying to make it 1400 calories but it just keeps giving me 1290. So I gave up. ha ha
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    CandiceMcD wrote: »
    happened to me too, kept trying to make it 1400 calories but it just keeps giving me 1290. So I gave up. ha ha

This is also happening to me. I manually set mine to 1300 and it wants to stay at 1230. I find the the MFP website keeps the 1300 but the phone app refuses to move from the 1230 and it puts me over each time I close out at 1300 calories.
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    Options
    Dang, I know it's silly but I want to not see any more red bars in my weekly reports! It's totally in my head, but I just want mfp to track what my goal actually is
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    It appears to be a post-premium-rollout bug. (I'm not a premium member, but the goal setting software changed for everyone.)

I tried to change my goals using the "View Guided Setup" feature on the web version and it is not changing the target amounts in my food diary. However, the "if you keep this up you'll weigh X in 5 weeks" calculation seems to be based on the new goal that I put in.

Note: These aren't actually my real numbers (I can't recite them off the top of my head for today), but here's an illustration of what's happening (again not my real numbers, but the effect of what's happening is illustrated):

My old goal (previously entered manually before the whole premium rollout, because I use the TDEE method): 1500 kcal.
    What my new goal should be (obtained using "View Guided Setup"): 1700 kcal.
    What I ate today: 1650. My food log shows red -150.
    But, my newsfeed says I "completed her diary for 05/12/2015 and was under her goal", and the what I'd weigh in 5 weeks message is reflective of the difference between my new goal of 1700 and today's intake of 1650.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this, I've been having the same issue.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    My goal is a different one almost every day. I can change my goal in the app and it stays there for a day, but on the next day I have a rather random number again *sigh* This really needs to be fixed.
  • yirara
    Options
    Oh great! A new bug. The app is online but does not get the diary data I enteted via the website. I'm not opening the app anymore in case it synchronizes and I lose everything for today.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Lol, this latest bug... How much more pathetic can the functionality of this site get?

"Let's make the free version incredibly annoying. That will get people to buy premium!"

Stellar marketing strategy!
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    Options
    Haha yes, maybe someone who coughed up the $ 50 could tell us if the calorie count was accurate!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Haha yes, maybe someone who coughed up the $ 50 could tell us if the calorie count was accurate!

Fifty? :-O I thought it would be like $2.50 or something.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I was having this issue yesterday, but it seems to have fixed itself today...just an MFP glitch I'm sure.
  • yirara
    Options
    Well, on the positive side: my calorie goal was correct when I just checked this morning.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    OP, your calorie goal is now showing 1460...the difference is probably because when you set it to 1 pound per week, it would have put you below 1200 calories.
  • farseer4
    farseer4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar issue that past two days. No response from tech support yet. It's pretty broken right now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    BETA TESTING!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Anyone had a fix for this? I seem to be having this issue.