carbs

Options
Stressedby8
Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
I guess I haven't set up my carbs, protein, fat percentages. I just happen to look at my percentages and it has carbs at 50%. What are some of your percentages? What is the healthy range for fats, carbs, proteins.
Why doesn't it show veggies and fruit?

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I don't do my macros based on %'s
    I do mine based on calculations of my weight and calories goals.

So right now I do protein at 1.2 gr / pound of body weight
    My fat I do at 0.4 gr / pound of body weight.
    Then the rest of my calories I make up with carbs.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers. It can depend on many things from activity to your personal diet preferences. My macros as a Vegan Runner will be set a lot differently to a someone who heavy lifts. This may aid you though

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Veggies and fruits are foods, not macronutrients. But you can consider them sources of carbs primarily, in terms of macronutrients.

The MFP default is fine, or you can ignore it entirely. There are plenty of ways to split them, with no one "correct" way. The link above should help though if you're interested.
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    You ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers. It can depend on many things from activity to your personal diet preferences. My macros as a Vegan Runner will be set a lot differently to a someone who heavy lifts. This may aid you though

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

Great answer but just to add my two cents... It's a lot of trial and error. You have to figure out what works for you. A lot of people on MFP say that a calorie is a calorie but that's not true for me. I tried for years to do the 50% of calories from carbs thing that most nutritionists suggest and it doesn't work for me. I can eat 500 of calories of carbs and be STARVING an hour later or I can eat 500 calories of protein, dairy and fat and that lasts me for hours with minimal to no food cravings. Right now, I have my carbs set at 20% of my daily intake and that is usually from veggies and fiber.

Play around with it, track your cravings and hunger levels in your daily notes and see if you need to adjust. Good luck!
  • Stressedby8
    Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help! I have read all the articles and your information. HUGE help. I am going to customize my profile a bit.