Losing inches, but not pounds?

Options
2»

Replies

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    No, drinking lots of water actually releases water weight. When you are dehydrated, your body holds on to every bit of water, giving you a bloated feeling. Drinking enough water allows your body to properly release fluids.

Oh, okay...got it! Thank you so much for educating me! :smile:
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    honestly, this is the best way to do things. the scale isn't important, even though we've been trained to use it as the be all, end all.

i've been hovering at 130lbs for 2yrs now (give or take a couple of pounds) but i've lost major inches and it's because i lift heavy weights and do other intense exercises. you're basically replacing the fat with muscle which is a GOOD thing :)

if your clothes are fitting better and you're looking leaner then this is your target.
  • RRB2000
    RRB2000 Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    megbee617 wrote: »
    RRB2000 wrote: »
    Same here. When I used to strictly do cardio, I dropped weight quickly and the scaled showed a loss almost weekly. Now that I'm back again, I joined the gym and do cardio and strength training and my scale is barely moving, but my clothes fit better and I feel better. The scale can be our own worst enemy. If you feel better, try to remember this journey isn't all about weight LOST on the scale, its about getting healthy!

This is true, but tell that to my primary care MD. It's all about the numbers to her.

I go see my doctor this Friday actually and am excited to tell her how good I feel. If she can't see it on the scale who cares, I know how amazing I feel, with more energy, and my clothes fit better, and I can see a difference. Its hard to tell with ourselves too. At least with me...I'm hard on myself, so I look in the mirror and pick everything apart, and have a hard time noticing small changes. So I take pics every couple of weeks...its easier to see changes in pictures.