5:2 ????

Options
2»

Replies

• FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Then you are not doing 5:2...... you are doing a low calorie ZIG-ZAG diet. I hope you average at least 1200 net calories over the week.

I know it isn't exactly 5:2 but I am using aspects of it such as the two 500 cal days. I only eat the 500 cal all at once and not throughout the day. So Sunday night I eat dinner, then do not eat again until Monday night (500 cal) and then do not eat again until about 2:00pm on Tuesday. I will only have a protein shake in the morning if I strength train (I workout early in the morning 6 days a week).
    I can't eat at maintenance all of the other 5 days because I like to drink and I simply refuse to give it up. However, I only allow myself to drink wine on weekends so I do need to have extra calories for Friday and Saturday night and believe me, I eat PLENTY. Otherwise I wouldn't be fat :-P
    Once I get to a lower weight, I will probably do what 5:2 really is, which is the two 500 cal days and then 5 maintenance days.
    Regardless, I am just so happy this is finally working as I have not lost any weight in over a year even though I have been trying.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    FoxyMars25 wrote: »
    I am in week three of 5:2 and have lost over 3 lbs so far. However, I do not eat at maintenance 5 of the days (my TDEE is around 2100-2200). This is how I have been doing it:

Sunday: 1400-1600 cal
    Monday: 500 cal
    Tuesday: 1400-1600 cal
    Wednesday: 1400-1600 cal
    Thursday: 500 cal
    Friday and Saturday: Whatever I have left of the total calories I can have a week to lose 1 lb, split between the two days. This past weekend, I had created so much of a deficit last week that I could have about 3000 cal each day and STILL lose weight. This is a good thing for me, as I typically go out to eat/drink a lot with friends/abandon my super strict healthy ways on weekends.

I have been in a plateau forever and I knew it was because I wiped out my deficit during the weekend. But now, I have FINALLY found something that works for me and my life.

Then you are not doing 5:2...... you are doing a low calorie ZIG-ZAG diet. I hope you average at least 1200 net calories over the week.

The diet plan listed would average 1200 per day.