Kitchen appliances for registry?

Options
I'm building my wedding registry and I cook a lot! Can anyone recommend kitchen appliances that I can add?

I already use: vegetti, oster blender, biggest loser scale (not the best). Thanks!

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Ask for a really nice set of knives. The kind that are supposed to last forever. So worth it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    George Foreman grill! It's the thing I use the most! Slow cooker too (don't use mine much but sometimes I just loved pulled pork). If I had the room I'd get a rice cooker/steamer as well.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    coffee maker :)
    Kitchen Aid mixer or similar model because....baking
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    r5d5 wrote: »
    coffee maker :)
    Kitchen Aid mixer or similar model because....baking

Oh yeah definitely coffee maker, lol!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Mix Master would be my first choice- and probably some sort of out door grill (we don't have one- would love one though)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I got a KitchenAid mixer for my wedding about ten years ago and it is one of our favorite kitchen appliances. One of the great things about it is the attachments -- we have the pasta maker and the meat grinder, but they make tons more.

Not an appliance, but if you don't already have some, a fantastic set of knives makes cooking much more fun.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm building my wedding registry and I cook a lot! Can anyone recommend kitchen appliances that I can add?

I already use: vegetti, oster blender, biggest loser scale (not the best). Thanks!

Appliances I use all the time: slow cookers, food processor, mixer, stick blender
    Appliances I use rarely: George Foreman grill, toaster, ice cream maker, regular blender
    Appliances I don't use at all: coffee maker, waffle maker, rice cooker, electric skillet, microwave

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    We got a toaster oven for our wedding and I kind of thought that was going to be a large thing taking up room on my counter with little use, but to be honest we use it almost more than our regular oven.

I also concur with: Slow Cooker (one with a timer) and Coffee Maker.

I always wanted a Kitchen Aid Mixer but I am just not a baker so that doesn't get a lot of use. A good hand mixer is sufficient unless you really are baking a lot.

I also love my panini press...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Also... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    :D:D:D
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the kitchen aid - it gets a lot more use than baking, especially if you have the pasta and grinder attachments. It'll also outlast every other appliance you get that day.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Nice; thanks all!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you're contemplating a slow cooker, maybe you want to look into an InstantPot because it does everything from slow cooking to pressure cooking. I want one!

I know you have the vegetti, but the paderno spiralizer is amazing!

Vitamix has been on my "list" for years. At my first wedding, the best kitchen appliance I got was my food saver. It made freezing portions really easy!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If you like sandwiches, you want a panini press! I put one on our registry and we got it. Then forgot about it for a year or so. I took it out one day and we use it pretty much daily now. And YES on the crockpot. I also don't use my George Foreman grill really at all.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    As others have said, slow cooker/crockpot and a good coffee maker. I love my Nespresso machine...

Personally, I would register for a Vitamix (not sure how it compares to your current blender) and a Dyson vacuum cleaner (I know, you said kitchen appliances...but...haha). I've thought about getting married just so I can register for those two items... ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Some kick *kitten* pots and pans and a kick *kitten* knife set.
  • TriciaCh
    TriciaCh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use my Foreman a lot. I agree on the pressure cooker/crockpot combo.... I have one and you can brown your meat then slow cook it in the same pot.. or can use the pressure cooker... just look at whats there... you can find one that steams/pressure cooks/browns/slow cooks. Good Knives...
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Food scale.
  • alt5057
    alt5057 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Programmable slow cooker (we originally got one that was not programmable and NEVER used it...use the programmable one all the time!)

KitchenAid Stand Mixer and attachments that are appealing to you (we like the grinder attachment)

I've been using a stick blender a lot more frequently for making soups in the winter

Kitchen scale (I love my EatSmart one)

Good knives/sharpening stone (even great knives will get dull)

lazy spoons - they have notches to be able to hold them on the side of a pot instead of having to sit them on a counter or spoon rest (which then needs cleaned)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    IF you get the knives... get a sharpener too... A Slow cooker is a necessity for a busy couple...IF money is no object as far as pots and pans go... 3 words... Williams and Sonoma...