Air travel

Options
whats the best food to eat when in the airport...gluten free...and I need something more than a salad?!?

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a salad? I found some really nice salads in the airport over the past week while traveling you just have to look for more than a small garden salad.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I suppose it would depend on the airport - some have a ton of restaurant options, others not so much. I'd see if you can find out what options there are and decide from there.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    What do you eat at home? If you're at a major airport there will probably be somewhere that offers something similar.

Bring the snacks you like that fit into your calories with you.

Eat before you go or outside the airport where you can find the stuff you usually have.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The smaller airports are limited, but in the larger airports, you can pretty much get anything you might want to eat.
  • civilhokie
    civilhokie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big salad fan and I do not like meat in my salads. I typicall eat things like grilled fish or grilled burger with peppers and onions. I also do tuna or chicken salad occasionally. I know Pf Changs has gluten free options but I thought someone might know if other gf heathy options. I'm just looking for ideas I might not have thought of
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Is there a health reason for the gluten free?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,573 Member
    Options
    Why not eat at home before you go to the airport or take a sandwich with chicken and peppers along? Then you know what you're eating and how much calories it has.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    How did people ever survived without MFP :p
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    do you need to eat at the airport? Can't you eat before you go and just grab a coffee or drink

If you're coeliac than I'm sure you can order gluten free airline food

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Is there a health reason for the gluten free?

I'm also wondering the same thing.

And also how long your flight is.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Me, I'm all for Teh Glutens on planes. The protein always looks dodgy and decidedly grey.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I always look up the directory of the airport I'll be eating at, then look for the menus of the restaurants listed.
    If I'm flying international, I try when possible to fly through more progressive US cities, like Sea-Tac or LA because they tend to have more health focused establishments. I rarely plan on eating the airline meal, because they tend to be unappetizing and full of sodium.
    Unless I'm flying Asiana or ANA. I actually budget calories for the meal when I fly with them because yum.