growing!!

Options
Hoping someone can give a little advice please? I lost a considerable amount of weight due to illness & medication around 2 years ago, had zero appetite and was unable to go to the gym/workout due to my condition. Over the last 8 months things have improved considerably and have gained weight but have also been able to re join the gym & start getting fit again, my problem being I have around 10lbs to loose but with working out I'm gaining muscle so getting bigger instead of toning & getting smaller..if that makes sense!! Really feeling it in my clothes, any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Replies

• lmr3722
    lmr3722 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is your nutrition like? Are you taking any supplements?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused here.

I'm going to assume you're in a caloric deficit, so you won't be able to build muscle. How do you know you're gaining muscle? Are you taking pictures, measurements and body fat measurements?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    If you want to work out and get smaller and more toned instead of bigger, then eat at a calorie deficit.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My guess is that if you recently started working out, you could be retaining some water, which may or may not be an ongoing issue. Have you measured yourself with a tape measure?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hoping someone can give a little advice please? I lost a considerable amount of weight due to illness & medication around 2 years ago, had zero appetite and was unable to go to the gym/workout due to my condition. Over the last 8 months things have improved considerably and have gained weight but have also been able to re join the gym & start getting fit again, my problem being I have around 10lbs to loose but with working out I'm gaining muscle so getting bigger instead of toning & getting smaller..if that makes sense!! Really feeling it in my clothes, any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.

How are you measuring the muscle gain?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    As the people above me so politely said, you are probably gaining fat instead of muscle. You might want to watch your calorie intake more closely.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

How are you measuring the muscle gain?

^This