just a question that anybody can answer

Options
124»

Replies

• jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log the calories Although, I don't use condiments often. You might be interested in the information on this thread it helps explain it:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/872212/youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I log anything that's more than two or three calories. I also log anything that'll significantly affect my sodium intake -- so I log mustard and dill relish even though they're less than three calories in the amounts I use. I log high-calorie spices like garlic powder, but not low-calorie spices like ground pepper. I don't log dried herbs unless I use more than 20 grams (so almost never), but I do log fresh herbs (and I just realized how arbitrary that distinction is). I don't log vinegar or lemon juice, with the exception of balsamic and other slightly sweet vinegars. I log ketchup, salad dressings, and mayonnaise, of course. I log the creamer I put in my coffee, but not the coffee itself; I don't log iced tea or the lemon I splash into it.

Basically, I'm as accurate and diligent as I can be without making myself insane. I realize my calorie tracking is probably off by 50-150 calories on any given day, which is why a) my calorie goal is set about 145 calories lower than it "should" be, and b) I often either eat slightly under goal or decline to eat back exercise burns.