How NOT to get burnt out at the gym. Any Suggestions...?

Options
Hey guys!

Are there any tips to help me from not getting burnt out doing the same ole' routine at the gym? Any suggestion's to switch up workouts? I tend to learn toward the treadmill or the elliptical. How to you keep your workouts interesting?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Less treadmill and more of everything else. :) The treadmill is so boring!

Does your gym have classes? Try a variety and find some you like.
    Mix it up with the strength training.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If its weight loss you are after then id suggest you do a mix of cardio and resistance work. Resistance work will give you a whole new routine with different challenges and benefits. If you are going to do cardio then you cna even make that interesting by making an effort to improve or do some intervals. Use the different machines as well.

If its general boredom then you should add variety, now the good weather is coming it doesnt all have to be in the gym. Take some of the classes.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I always liked the treadmill...

I agree that a combination of cardio and strength helps, also having fitness goals so you're always trying to level up so to speak. Keep up with your playlists or even switch that up and try audiobooks or podcasts. Even add in the stairmaster and instead of 60 min on one machine, do 20 min on three machines. Do a little stretching in between.

There are app out there (I believe) which have 'routines' for cardio machines. I haven't used them but it might be interesting to check some out.
  • marivvv
    marivvv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Treadmill is more of a cardio workout, so try doing about 10 minutes of cardio then switch up to different things and be repetitive with your extercise you'll definitely feel your muscles tingling or maybe a hiit workout!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cardio equipment...I only use it when the weather really sucks...it has nothing to do with burnout and everything to do with boredom.

I use the gym almost exclusively for the weight room...I take appropriate rest days and my program has quite a bit of variety so no burnout really for me.
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Make sure you dont go starving! I need something like coffee 30mins before to give me a jump.