Starting the Cabbage Soup Diet tomorrow, anyone want to join me?

Options
13»

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Lol Awesome comments. I'm sure it's not going to kill me people. :p

From your profile OP...
    My Inspirations
    •Teach the kids about living healthy
    •Mental and physical health

How does crash dieting with a nutritionally poor and restrictive diet fit with this?

Wouldn't it make more sense to put your energy into something that is actually positive for your health?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Why do you never see posts that say "I'm starting a sensible, sustainable diet plan tomorrow which involves eating moderate amounts of food i enjoy, and reaching my calorie and macro goals while maintaining a deficit! Who wants to join me?"

because that is not fashionable, takes too long, and everyone know that does not work
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Why do you never see posts that say "I'm starting a sensible, sustainable diet plan tomorrow which involves eating moderate amounts of food i enjoy, and reaching my calorie and macro goals while maintaining a deficit! Who wants to join me?"

because that is not fashionable, takes too long, and everyone know that does not work

Sigh. You're right. Back to food group restriction and poop-tea for me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the diet plan and recipe.

http://divascancook.com/wonder-soup-recipe-weight-loss-soup-7-day-diet-cabbage-soup/

This diet is a good motivator since you see the scale move pretty quickly (although not much loss is fat). I have found it is a good way to kick-start if you're in a bit of a slump.

Add me as a friend or message me if you'd like to join in!

if you know that most of your loss is nog going to be fat, then what is the point of forcing down cabbage soup three times a day???? guess what happens when you stop this diet? You gain all the water weight back ….
  • 1st_BeStrong
    1st_BeStrong Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! I remember that slop from the mid 80's!!! Didn't lose weight, just dehydrate.
    Like asking for a stomach virus! So nasty...
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Lol Awesome comments. I'm sure it's not going to kill me people. :p

It's not going to kill you, but is that really the marker of a good plan?

It's also not going to help you, since 1. you said yourself it doesn't result in fat loss 2. you may binge after and put yourself in a worse situation 3. it won't teach you how to be healthier 4. it didn't work for anyone in the 80s.
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I never thought of cabbage soup as a diet plan, but I do have my own cabbage soup recipe and when I make it I can easily eat it once a day until it's gone. I love the stuff!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    I'm going to do the Military diet tomorow bc I love cans of tuna ... anyone anyone?

no one no one