Free AND more user friendly than the WW site??

sadler1010
sadler1010 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am a member of WW and will be using both myfitness pal and ww to see if I can save a few bucks by dropping ww. I will miss the meeting though... Has anyone else made the switch from WW to this weight tracker?

Replies

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Yes, I like it better because it's free and the "new" WW points plus system really didn't work for me. I think the transparency (focused on nutrients and calories) of MFP is better than WW (where Point Plus are less transparently related to anything outside of WW). If you have a good meeting and a good leader, though, I could see where it might be a tough choice.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    I did a couple years ago. I rarely went to the meetings and did all my tracking online on the WW site. I just couldn't stick with the point counting. I had done WW years ago with the old point system and then they switched it up to Points Plus and I just could never really get on board with it. I still used the old system for awhile and then I quit and later switched to MFP. I don't recall whether WW has online friend support, but that is one thing I really appreciate about MFP. I appreciate the friend support and encouragement, along with the food diary and weight/measure tracking. . . . . and it's FREE! B)
  • holliedusteeeze
    holliedusteeeze Posts: 106 Member
    I used to do sw but didnt like the group when i moved house and area so gave up and was advised about mpf so im hoping this will work for me i already seem to get support and everyone seems very helpful and friendly good luck feel free to add me