Does anyone know??

Options
it's 6 PM I just got done eating dinner what's a safe time to wait to work out? I wanted to eat first because if I work out first it would make me eat too late in the evening.

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I usually wait about 45 minutes to an hour to work out after eating or just eat after working out if I'm not too hungry.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Workout whenever you want. I personally work out before a large meal, simply because I get indigestion if I go jumping around on a full stomach. If you don't have that problem, just go for it!

Also, meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. If you're worried about eating too late because of indigestion/sleep problems, that's totally understandable, but don't worry about eating past a certain time hindering your progress! That's a myth.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Workout whenever you want. I personally work out before a large meal, simply because I get indigestion if I go jumping around on a full stomach. If you don't have that problem, just go for it!

Also, meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. If you're worried about eating too late because of indigestion/sleep problems, that's totally understandable, but don't worry about eating past a certain time hindering your progress! That's a myth.

This :) I do a small amount of strength training every week and I prefer to do it at least an hour after I eat, just because I feel 'off' if I have a full stomach. But, if you don't have any issues-eat/exercise whenever you want to!