ONE more time!

You know the saying "one bad day doesn't have to mean you ruined your whole diet!" Those words have been then demise to my weight loss journey... My name is Jennifer and I'm 27 years old :) I live in BEAUTIFUL Orange County, CA. Growing up I was always pretty athletic and never struggled with my weight in fact I was some what picked on for being so tall and lanky but allll that changed in my 20s. Like most people in your 20s you gain a little weight because your able to drink, your lifestyle changes whatever but I would have never imagined to gain nearly 45 pounds. It's been the biggest struggle of my life. I do the whole this is it and I'll workout and "eat clean" for weeks at a time then fall off the wagon and eat like *kitten* again and the cycle continues. I feel like this time around I want it to be different, I'm tired of feeling insecure with my looks, finding shirts that have sleeves, not going to the beach or the pool things that seem silly but they really can and will take a toll on a person. I'm looking to talk to people who feel the same, people who need some encouragement when your roommate orders lava cake and pizza and midnight and you just need someone to say NOT WORTH IT! I want to chat & meet up with people looking to workout, meal prep, swap ideas and recipes with.

Whatever reason your on here, it's to live a healthy lifestyle, and I'm trying to figure out what that means for me! I'm excited to take control of this once and for all!

Replies

• michellelancaster1218
    michellelancaster1218 Posts: 14 Member
    Jen!
    I'm 24 and gained about 20 lbs in college and I too do great until one day when I convince myself that eating Chinese food and Ben and Jerrys just one night will do no harm lol. Feel free to add me! I know I need the motivation as well :)
  • jen_jonesss
    jen_jonesss Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for the reply! We should encourage each other to stay on track and even if we have those splurges lets track them! I feel like if we see it written down that it will effect us differently! I was shy to reach out on this but I'm glad I did
  • 10keychic
    10keychic Posts: 2 Member
    That is how I titled my return - One last time!!

I feel your pain Jen - I have struggled for years with my weight and I am so tired of fighting it. A year less than twice your age - losing weight is not easy. Before my daughters wedding I worked out with a trainer for a year and a half, loosing a mere 10 lbs. with the trainer and another 10 lbs when my husband went on Quick Weight loss - my goal was 50. After the wedding I stopped going to the gym and stopped worrying about my weight. Well I am now back to where I started.

For my "One last time" I decided to seek the advice of a General Practitioner that had personally lost over 100 lbs. While I love her, all of the new 'issues' that have come up make me wish I had not gone - thyroid issues, kidney issues because of my advil consumption!! I hope that with some thyroid management that it will make a bit of difference. Of course considered obese, fight depression and anxiety too boot. I guess I am a mess!!

Then there is my husband - he controls the food of the house - he is the cook and the one at home to do the cooking. I request lighter fares but that is not always what I get. If you don't eat what he prepares he gets upset with you. Now mind you he needs to loose 50 lbs too - but he can say he is going to lose weight and have lost 10 lbs by the end of the week.

Then there are my weaknesses - I enjoy a drink with my favorite being cranapple juice with vodka and a splash of 100% grapefruit juice - I mean there are fruits in this!! My other weakness is ice cream!! Making matters worse - my son works at Bruster's Ice Cream and brings us home ice cream from time to time!!

I am going to make one more attempt to lose weight - reducing my food consumption, my alcohol consumption and though it pains me, ice cream. I am logging my information on My Fitness Pal, have a FitBit on my wrist and hope to either go back to the gym or upstairs to my exercise room and get back on track exercising.

We made over our closet and I am only going to put in there what I can wear or the clothes that are one size down from when I lost the weight last time.

I will do what I can to support you! It is nice to have an accountability partner.