belly out of form after weight loss

Iam 21years old and have lost 40kg weight in a year span
Every thing is ok except my belly, its so out of form.
I do perform abs exercise but they brought no good my belly is same as it always was.
I can't make my belly flat and stif :/

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Skin that stretches beyond a certain point often will not return to a smooth, normal appearance. This happens with weight loss, and often, with pregnancy. There's not much you can do about it, short of surgery. Celebrate your successful weight loss victory.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    88 pounds in a year is quite a bit, congratulations. Sounds like you need to be patient, as you have youth on your side, some of the skin should shrink back. Remember that you can't spot reduce. Lifting weights helps to fill in the area and tighten up the appearance.
  • usamaatiq
    usamaatiq Posts: 6 Member
    Will liposuction help ?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Not if it's skin...and lipo has so many hazards and small print. Really not recommended.

Read the pinned post in this forum called "so you want a nice stomach." Lowering your body fat and building your muscles will help to improve your midsection.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Based on how young you are, it might just take a bit more time. But what are your stats and workout program? Sometimes, it just takes a bit more time and at 21, i would think that you have more elasticity. But genetics will determine that.

Sometimes, you aren't at a low enough body fat, and sometimes a bulk could help by adding muscle and "filling in" some loose skin.

ps - do you have any pictures?