cheap protein and gaing muscle on a buget

Options
mike8pow
mike8pow Posts: 10 Member
Can I use the protein powder from Wal-Mart that's at least 15 dollars than going to the gnc and spending 50dollars on a whey protein powder

Replies

• LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can but a lot of people have noticed digestion issues with six star nutrition. We personally use optimum gold standard whey or lean active 7. Do some research and find what works for your budget (I usually buy when there's a deal or special going on), digestion, and goals. (I HATE spending 40-50$ on a tub of protein in one shot, but that tub usually lasts 3 months, is better with digestion, has better flavor, and better overall nutrition, it equals out and ends up being better than spending that 15$ on a tub for a one month supply) Also protein powder won't build the muscle, it just aids in reaching your protein/calorie goals. Good luck!

Suggestion: email companies and ask for samples. Fitmiss, champion, and a few others will actually send a serving or two to sample if you ask.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cost doesn't matter; the amount of protein (and to a degree type of protein) does. If they've got similar stats, sure. Or, you could do other things that are cost effective and actually food: bake a whole chicken, pick high protein veggies like broccoli, edaname, lentils, add things like cheese to stuff.

It really all depends on your goal. If you're looking to bulk, you'll need to be eating a bit above TDEE.