can vitiamins help with my diet

mike8pow
mike8pow Posts: 10 Member
I want to know if I need to start taking multi vitamins supplements and if so what's the best ones

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Do you have any vitamin deficiencies? If you don't , they aren't any help.
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    I think it's always important to take a multi-vitamin. Vitamins help prevent deficiencies and often times if you wait until you are deficient you'll have to work with a doctor to correct.

I don't think it's necessary to go crazy expensive with vitamin supplements... as it is a bit of a racket. Yes, different brands have different percentages, but in general, they are all the same.

I take a multi, calcium with vitamin D (I live in a low sunlight region of the US), and an Omega vitamin (I have trouble getting enough fish in my diet).

I think the important thing to realize about vitamins is they are an over the counter preventative against deficiencies.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    I think the important thing to realize about vitamins is they are an over the counter preventative against deficiencies
    No the best preventative against deficiencies is to eat a well balanced diet

This ^^^ Unless you have deficiencies you're just throwing money down the drain. Just go for a balanced diet.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    I think the important thing to realize about vitamins is they are an over the counter preventative against deficiencies
    No the best preventative against deficiencies is to eat a well balanced diet

This ^^^ Unless you have deficiencies you're just throwing money down the drain. Just go for a balanced diet.

This +1